Long Distance Riders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
Last week I went on a two day ride. Each day was about 500 miles. On the return trip, I documented all miles and gas stops and submitted it to http://www.longdistanceriders.net/

Today I received my certificate, patch, jacket pin and t-shirt.

LondDistanceRiders.jpg

awesome job man, i didnt know there was a patch for that, when i picked up my max last fall i went on a awesome ride from ohio back to quebec with a International Pizza run smack in the middle. think i got the gas bills still. maybe i should send it in. Also on a stock seat with a bike ive never seen before, bought site unseen. was just over 650 miles i did.

edit: we should make one up like that with a pic of a vmax for the forum guys here. :hmmm:

Great job!

I didn't even know that site existed...last summer my wife and I rode from Deadwood, SD to our house in MN in about 10.5 hours....right about 700 miles. She wasn't all that happy about doing it, but I could have given her the T-shirt! :) Couldn't really imagine doing it with Max, certainly not with the stock seat on there. Morley's seat went on today, we'll have to take a cruise and see how it feels after 100 miles.

I do have Sean's seat on my bike. It would have been very difficult to do this on a horse saddle seat.
I did this on all back roads and NO highways.

Yea, definitely. I'm gonna be around for the month of May - that's about it for this year.

Let's make it happen! I'll be in Tampa/St Pete.

thats awesome! last year i did like 1300 or 1400 on a stock seat and all i got to show for it was an extremely sore ass. i want a certificate too! lol congrats!

Yea, definitely. I'm gonna be around for the month of May - that's about it for this year.

Let's make it happen! I'll be in Tampa/St Pete.
G, you are only home for the Month of may and then gone again? I still have your brake adapter too.

I did 480 in the course of a day last summer on my Magna 500cc. I don't remember how long it took and certainly didn't record anything. That was on a 24 year old original seat, which admittedly was more comfy than the stock Max.

So far the farthest I've done in a day on the Max was a bit over 400. Ass was definitely getting a little sore by the end.

Have to try for that this summer.

Holy crap! Coast to coast in 48 hours! Assuming a 3000 mile run, that means you'd have to maintain 63mph for 48 hours straight to make it. So to account for even just the bare minimum gas/piss/candybar stops, you'd HAVE to exceed legal speed limits by quite a bit, for quite a while. Now THAT's hardcore. Harley's need not apply for that one. They'd never make it having to stop to add oil that's leaked out and pick up pieces that fall off!:rofl_200:

Compared to the 1500 in 36, that's 100% more mileage in only 33% more time. The 500/12, 1000/24, and 1500/36 all average out to about 42mph for the entire time.

You should request a different certificate...you don't ride no stinkin' narrow-angle V-twin!

i got about 850 from grand junction CO to coronado CA on a stock seat! only gas stops:eusa_dance:

G, you are only home for the Month of may and then gone again? I still have your brake adapter too.

Hey Kev,

ya, pretty much. I'm home until June 16, then off again. Gotta decide if I'm gonna have the bike sitting again (s'gonna be a while) or let it go. Hard choice..

Damn you still have an adapter for me? I forgot all about it and ordered another one from Steve, as I have a rotor coming for my rear.. Ah well I'm sure I can sell the spare, lol

Back