Looking for a reputable shop in NY to work on my Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj660

Reaction score
I'm looking to do some upgrades/dyno tuning etc... I'd rather not take my bike to a random local Yamaha dealer, so maybe someone here can help. Does anyone know of a reputable dealer/shop on or near Long Island ? Or in the Tri-State area within an hour or so from Nassau. Thanks

I'm looking to do some upgrades/dyno tuning etc... I'd rather not take my bike to a random local Yamaha dealer, so maybe someone here can help. Does anyone know of a reputable dealer/shop on or near Long Island ? Or in the Tri-State area within an hour or so from Nassau. Thanks

I know a very reputable dealer in North Jersey....does not have a dyno however.

You'll be hard pressed to find exactly what you are looking for now-a-days. Very few "dyno shops" that are familiar with Vmaxs or even want to fuss with installing jets now that everything is fuel injected.

The other option would be PCW Racing in Schenectady NY... a good ride for you.....but you could trailer the bike up on a Saturday and maybe pick it up the next weekend. They are Vmax experts.

Mark

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm familiar with PCW but they are 5 hours away. I initially said looking for a place within 1 hour from Nassau, but 2 hours is fine also.

I know a very reputable dealer in North Jersey....does not have a dyno however.

You'll be hard pressed to find exactly what you are looking for now-a-days. Very few "dyno shops" that are familiar with Vmaxs or even want to fuss with installing jets now that everything is fuel injected.

The other option would be PCW Racing in Schenectady NY... a good ride for you.....but you could trailer the bike up on a Saturday and maybe pick it up the next weekend. They are Vmax experts.

Mark

Which place are you referring to in NJ? The Dino is preferred but I can have that done separate. PCW is tempting but it's really far from me. I wonder how much they would charge to come pick it up..

PCW will be worth the day it would take on each end to drop off/pick up. I'm driving 5 hours to Sean's place in a couple weeks. There are so few shops that do excellent work on our bikes that an extra day of travel is worth it to most of us. You could take it to Jersey and have a little drive, then go get it again and take it to another shop, though. That might be easier for you.

What are you trying to have done? If it's motor internals, go straight to PCW, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. If it's just carb stuff and advice, you can get that all here from guys that know what's up and are probably close enough to you.

Which place are you referring to in NJ? The Dino is preferred but I can have that done separate. PCW is tempting but it's really far from me. I wonder how much they would charge to come pick it up..

These guys here: http://www.speeryamaha.com/

It's a small family owned dealership that's been around a long time.

The service manager and lead mechanic Ray, is one of the best Yamaha mechanics in the country IMO.

As far as PCW, if you know someone that's got a car or truck with a hitch on it, rent a trailer from Uhaul and make a day of it. Rentals were pretty cheap last time I looked.

Mark

I agree with you. If I was having engine work etc then I'd take it to PCW. I want to have my bike dyno tuned, install 11.5" rear 430s and lower the front, and install valve cover gaskets. This is not major work but I don't know if my local dealers are knowledgeable with Vmax.

These guys here: http://www.speeryamaha.com/

It's a small family owned dealership that's been around a long time.

The service manager and lead mechanic Ray, is one of the best Yamaha mechanics in the country IMO.

As far as PCW, if you know someone that's got a car or truck with a hitch on it, rent a trailer from Uhaul and make a day of it. Rentals were pretty cheap last time I looked.

Mark

Thank you, this dealer is only 40 miles from me. Maybe I can pay Ray to take my bike to a local dyno to tune.

Back