Looking for chrome neck covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy chrome neck covers for my Vmax? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed

I have a set but it's plastic. It fits well and doesn't fade.
I don't know how it was made but it resist to brake fluid.
They are just thinner than the stock one and have less angles.

I got them from ebay when the stock ones broke into pieces.
There are still available there, even it carbon replica version.

I wish I could have got them in alu but never saw any set available.

Yes it's the plastic on each side of the neck. On the right side it goes around the lock.

They were castings and not sure if the guy still makes them. He made the neck covers, Radiator Covers, and Tach Cluster Cover.

Sean

They were castings and not sure if the guy still makes them. He made the neck covers, Radiator Covers, and Tach Cluster Cover.

Sean

Don't forget the dust rings on the rear wheel and the diff housing! :eusa_dance: speeking of that....... Sean what is the damage! goods arrived in good condition. 3rd time is a charm LOL

G

Still no luck!!! If ANYBODY finds these PLEASE let me know, I'll gladly pay a generous finders fee to whoever finds them. SOMEBODY has to know where I can even have them made. Thanks in advance, Ed

I can maybe see about getting a set of OEM parts chromed (actually called vacuum metalization).

Sean

Still no luck!!! If ANYBODY finds these PLEASE let me know, I'll gladly pay a generous finders fee to whoever finds them. SOMEBODY has to know where I can even have them made. Thanks in advance, Ed

Hey Ed, I looked all over the web to find them for you. I have seen them before
but can't find them anywhere. So I decided to look in our gallery to see if anybody has some and found that our friend Maleko89 (Mark) does.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=17

Maybe Mark knows where to get them or?

Mike

I can maybe see about getting a set of OEM parts chromed (actually called vacuum metalization).

Sean
Sean, check into that if you can but i'd like it to be nice looking, i'd prefer metal but if the way your talking about looks good i'd consider them also. my left side broke so i have to get something and i figured what the hell i might as well go chrome. plus i saw it on other Vmax's and it looks great. and Mike if you know the dude on here that has them maybe he will tell you where to find them. it kinda sucks cause some people dont like to say where to get things because they dont want other people having them. it keeps their bike more unique. i guess.. but i'm pretty determined, and Sean if you have any pics with something done with that process send me one please, i'd kinda like to see what it looks like. Thanks alot guys, Ed

Guy is/was located in San Diego but I forgot his name. I thought he was on the VMOA discount vendors list a while ago? I have some vacuum plated dust shields and had the neck covers as well and they seemed to fade to a yellowish hue over time due to sunlight exposure. I would go with the metal if you can get it.

Sorry CustomMax. I should have given you the specific info. You can reach him at [email protected]
Please tell him Patmax from Florida sent you. He makes everything in batches so you gotta ask what he has on hand or put in a request. His names is James and is A number1. That goes for everyone, just mention Patmax sent you. No promises he'll give you anything free but no worries that he will take care of you promptly and professionally.
PATMAX

I got your visitor message. They were made by Cozad Components but don't believe he makes them anymore. They aren't chrome but a lightly polished aluminum. They can be chromed. I also have one of his instrument covers but I'm not using that. Are you willing to work out some kind of trade? I'm assuming you have the stock pieces?

I got your visitor message. They were made by Cozad Components but don't believe he makes them anymore. They aren't chrome but a lightly polished aluminum. They can be chromed. I also have one of his instrument covers but I'm not using that. Are you willing to work out some kind of trade? I'm assuming you have the stock pieces?
Thanks for the response Mark, i have a perfect right side [key] but my left side is broken [pretty much in three pcs] and i do have a stock instrument cover if you want it. i bought a chrome resin type made in Germany by a guy [looks great now but not sure of in a couple years.] my bike doesnt see rain at all and its won shows so i'm very pickey what goes on but if you have a real nice alum cover that i can show polish i'd definetly be interested. but i really want those neck covers either in chrome or aluminum i can show polish. Thanks alot, Ed

Sorry CustomMax. I should have given you the specific info. You can reach him at [email protected]
Please tell him Patmax from Florida sent you. He makes everything in batches so you gotta ask what he has on hand or put in a request. His names is James and is A number1. That goes for everyone, just mention Patmax sent you. No promises he'll give you anything free but no worries that he will take care of you promptly and professionally.
PATMAX
Thank you, let me shoot him an email and see what i come up with. ill keep you posted. Thank you very much again, Ed

Back