Looking for chrome neck covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a set of chrome bodywork on my Max at one time. The airbox cover is metal of course, but the fenders are plastic. It was done by a Japanese firm. That said, I would not recommend chromed plastic. We see it all the time on cars (grills, trim pieces, etc). Every car I kept for any time had peeling or bubbling problems eventually. The chrome rear fender on my Max had a bubble about 1" long and 1/8" wide that was gradually growing. Also it just doesn't look the same to me. If you are picky, it is probably not something you would want. JMO.

I had a set of chrome bodywork on my Max at one time. The airbox cover is metal of course, but the fenders are plastic. It was done by a Japanese firm. That said, I would not recommend chromed plastic. We see it all the time on cars (grills, trim pieces, etc). Every car I kept for any time had peeling or bubbling problems eventually. The chrome rear fender on my Max had a bubble about 1" long and 1/8" wide that was gradually growing. Also it just doesn't look the same to me. If you are picky, it is probably not something you would want. JMO.

I'm leaning toward carbon fiber :punk:

Still no luck, tried the guy mike told me about in San Diego but never heard back from him. i might try to go to a fabrication shop and have them made then get them chromed. maybe Sean would know about how much it would cost to have them chromed if i had them made out of metal. ANYONE who can find these please let me know. Thanks, Ed

Still no luck, tried the guy mike told me about in San Diego but never heard back from him. i might try to go to a fabrication shop and have them made then get them chromed. maybe Sean would know about how much it would cost to have them chromed if i had them made out of metal. ANYONE who can find these please let me know. Thanks, Ed

Why not trade with Mark? If one side is broke just buy another that you can trade with him. Then take his and get them chromed.

I got your visitor message. They were made by Cozad Components but don't believe he makes them anymore. They aren't chrome but a lightly polished aluminum. They can be chromed. I also have one of his instrument covers but I'm not using that. Are you willing to work out some kind of trade? I'm assuming you have the stock pieces?

Ed, just FYI that the left side has a hole on top. I once had a manual vboost open/close switch there.

You can always send the pieces to a coater like this one. I saw a snomachine last weekend that the owner had the tub, cowel and windshield done. it looked too sweet. It actually looked like metal that was chromed, real clean and had a nice and deep finish.

busass.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9mh6t0ILvE&feature=related

We have some of the Alsa Corp chrome but haven't tried it yet.

Sean

Ed, just FYI that the left side has a hole on top. I once had a manual vboost open/close switch there.

That would be ok I could put my LED switch there. Now my right one is perfect except there's a toggle switch beside the ignition to turn the fan on anytime. But if you want to do some kinda trade i'll buy a new stock left side. But yours are alum. And can be polished or chromed? Just give me an idea of what we can work out. Thanks Mike, Ed

You can always send the pieces to a coater like this one. I saw a snomachine last weekend that the owner had the tub, cowel and windshield done. it looked too sweet. It actually looked like metal that was chromed, real clean and had a nice and deep finish.

busass.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9mh6t0ILvE&feature=related

That looks badass!! It looks exactly like chrome metal. Does anyone know who does this and how expensive. Cant imagine it costing a mint but they might not want to do just 2 small neck covers.

Just what we need, another notorious chrome helmeted Vmax guy. Alaska and North Royalton OH.

Just what we need, another notorious chrome helmeted Vmax guy. Alaska and North Royalton OH.

Key word, "was thinking about" a while back. nice, you comparing me to the asshat down there.:th_laugh2::double angry bird::rofl_200:

Last edited:
Maybe go for the black chrome Kelly. We all know you are worlds apart from "ass hat". I'm ashamed to say I am from Ohio now!

Maybe go for the black chrome Kelly. We all know you are worlds apart from "ass hat". I'm ashamed to say I am from Ohio now!

I know your screwing with me, lol. I have a sence of humor. Thats why I put the laughing icons in there.

Actually what I was thinking about was to chrome the helmet, then hit it with the same "anodizing" red paint ( http://www.krylon.com/products/xmetals/ ) I shot on tmy scoop inserts and grill. so it would have a red chrome effect. I like the way the paint looks when it was sprayed over the chrome.

I was thinking about hitting the pivot inserts, the carb covers and neck covers as well.

But its one of those things that, to me, it looks good in your mind's eye but can turn into shitty overkill real quick.

I like the way this guy's Bandit helmet turned out, and want to do my modular the same way so it will match the other accent parts and the flame on the bike.

Attachments

• helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN8310.jpg
    DSCN8310.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 24
Back