Looking for starter clutch re-install pics/guide- searched but couldn't find.. Help?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nidyanazo

Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to see if there was a starter clutch re-install guide. I think I pretty much have it all set on how to do it, but the little details would be helpful (orientation / direction of parts etc etc)
Does anyone have a link to some photos of how to reassemble it correctly? I want to make sure I do it perfectly the first time and not have to pull that damn flywheel thing back off! :rofl_200:

Thanks fellas'

Re: Looking for starter clutch re-install pics/guide- searched but couldn't find.. He

I think I'm missing this big washer in the top right corner of this photo..... Where does it go?
The instructions weren't all that clear..

IMG_0040-1.jpg

Re: Looking for starter clutch re-install pics/guide- searched but couldn't find.. He

And buy a shop manual !

I think I'm missing this big washer in the top right corner of this photo..... Where does it go?

If you read it carefully you'll see that that flat washer goes in between the clutch and flywheel.

Put the flat washer on the flywheel first, then place the clutch on

If you read it carefully you'll see that that flat washer goes in between the clutch and flywheel.

Yeah that doesnt make sense, because the washer is smaller then the ID of the clutch, so it should read "inbetween the ring gear and the flywheel"

But I got the jist of it . Just wanted to clarify.

Last edited:

IMG_0040-1.jpg

The washer is probably there but stuck to one of the components. Did you find it?

All put back together and she starts like a brand new bike! No noises of BS. That was so annoying- random grinding sounds when starting- no rhyme or reason...Sometimes on cold starts, sometimes on hot starts..Sometimes no noises for weeks at a time! Just glad I finally got 'er done. :)

Keep your battery health up. Some have purported that a lazy battery contributes/causes clutch starter issues. Congrats on the fix!

..That was so annoying- random grinding sounds when starting- no rhyme or reason...Sometimes on cold starts, sometimes on hot starts..Sometimes no noises for weeks at a time! Just glad I finally got 'er done. :)

I hope it ain't just waiting a couple more weeks before making another bunch of noise. :biglaugh:

Glad you got her back togther!

Back