Looking to upgrade Masters and calipers.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! I hate waiting!

WHY isnt this shit on its way to me via Drone delivery Right NOW!

HEY EXTRACEPT! WAKE UP! GET YER ASSWS TO WORK.
Lets Go... CHOP CHOP

Morely? Come on Man! You can sleep AFTER Bike Week.

+1, the R1's are cheap and plentiful. I don't know how-much an improvement the R1 calipers would be over your 4-pot stockers, unless you are just going for 'something different' from stock, and want the plug to match trim on your bike.
The R1 calipers are actually a downgrade from the stock 4 pot calipers.
They have smaller diameter pistons than our stock calipers have.

Cowboy,
My advice would be to talk to Sean Morley and get some adapters from him and fit some 6 pot calipers with HH pads and braided steel brake lines (and yes, they sell them in red) on your '07.
That's the only real upgrade I have ever seen for our 93-07 brakes.
I run the stock calipers with EBC 160HH pads and I'm more than happy with them.

Ive ridden a Vmax with the R1 calipers and (just strictly my opinion) I didnt like them. They had the stock masters on them, and the brakes felt very wooden....and not responsive at all. The FJ masters are supposed to help....but I just dont know. The 6 pots that I have are very responsive.

Cowboy,
My advice would be to talk to Sean Morley and get some adapters from him and fit some 6 pot calipers with HH pads and braided steel brake lines (and yes, they sell them in red) on your '07.
That's the only real upgrade I gave ever seen for our 93-07 brakes.
I run the stock calipers with EBC 160HH pads and I'm more than happy with them.

Im not stuck on the r1 calipers. Id actually prefer some nice nissin or bembo or any good quality 6 pot calipers. I just always had a liking for the pot plugs in red. Or Chromed like MAD did..

ALL I know at this point is the master cylinders ARE GOING to be THIS...

Attachments

• nissin.jpg
    nissin.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 24
I did the math. 5/8 bore with 6 pot Sumitimos give you a 17.22 ratio which appears to be ideal.

My set-up is as follows:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456806831.775588.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456806859.708921.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the math. 5/8 bore with 6 pot Sumitimos give you a 17.22 ratio which appears to be ideal.

My set-up is as follows:

View attachment 52492

View attachment 52493

DAMN! Falling. It's like your in my head man. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
:party:

Are they Bolt on or did you have to modify shit?
What you got with the Nissin masters will effin ROCK Man!!!!
My dream is coming true.
I Love You Man! (in a non-gay way)

My set-up is as follows:

View attachment 52492

View attachment 52493

Morley! This is what I want. And I want them with the new caliper smell still intact.
Send Box... Will send check...
Chop chop... Bike Week is approaching.

Morley! This is what I want. And I want them with the new caliper smell still intact.

I am sure Sean can hook you up. Mine is a home brew but he has all the ingredients....better even.

The front are 6-pot Sumitimos from a 1997 YZF750R. I stripped them, replaced all the pistons (not as simple as just buying them. They do not exist) and seals and powder coated them. The front lines are a 3-piece kit with no bends on the bottom fittings and +1.5" on the bottom two lines.

The rear is from a 2001 R1. I replaced the pistons with aluminum ones from the later gold dot calipers (not necessary) I simply masked the blue-dots, painted them red using duplicolor metalcast and then duracoated clear over them.

I am sure Sean can hook you up. Mine is a home brew but he has all the ingredients....better even.

The front are 6-pot Sumitimos from a 1997 YZF750R. I stripped them, replaced all the pistons (not as simple as just buying them. They do not exist) and seals and powder coated them. The front lines are a 3-piece kit with no bends on the bottom fittings and +1.5" on the bottom two lines.

The rear is from a 2001 R1. I replaced the pistons with aluminum ones from the later gold dot calipers (not necessary) I simply masked the blue-dots, painted them red using duplicolor metalcast and then duracoated clear over them.

Now that just took the wind out of my sails.
ohh well win some lose some.
At least Morley got what I'm looking for now though.
I'll let him cook up something.

You can cook Morley? Right?

So if you go to Yamaha dealer and tell them you want new calipers for your 97 - YZF750R, they basically tell you nope your screwed pal?

That just aint right man!!!:ummm:

Yup. Yamaha will tell you to piss off.

Sean did have some...which would be better because you'd be in for over $1,000 to buy them new...if you could.

Sean has much better prices. I gave him the info to replace the 8 big pistons. The 4 small ones would need to be machined from scratch...if they need to be replaced. Mine did. Sean's won't or he wouldn't sell them to you.

OK WTF?

IF Nissin is made in Ohio. WTF cant I find a Nissin dealer or distributor here in the US?

Morley CAn you get New Nissin masters? Or do i have to buy them from the other guys across the pond???

Buy used. I think mv agusta used Nissins? Don't know the spacing though or offset

Back