Looking to upgrade Masters and calipers.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they come often in ebay,at least in europe.
what about big piston master cylinders from other bikes?
i want to upgrade the master to a 19mm as i don't like the feel right now(half doesn't make make then almost lock the wheel...) with stock master and 6 pistons sumitomos from fzr1000.
but aftermarket parts are expensive so i think it would be cheaper to source something that came stock on certain bikes...

5/8" master cylinder bore (stock VMAX mc) is the ideal bore ratio for the 6-pot Sumitimos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive decide to go with Sumi's on the front. Sean is going to powder coat and rebuild a set . Also going to go R1 on the rear Powder coated and red inserts.
Nissin axial remote res masters with the Black and red static mount reservoirs.

I've already got the Galfer Braided lines in red and the Galfer Wave Rotors.

It'll take a while to get everything in and put on. I'll post pics when its done.

they come often in ebay,at least in europe.
what about big piston master cylinders from other bikes?
i want to upgrade the master to a 19mm as i don't like the feel right now(half doesn't make make then almost lock the wheel...) with stock master and 6 pistons sumitomos from fzr1000.
but aftermarket parts are expensive so i think it would be cheaper to source something that came stock on certain bikes...

On mine, (and I have this same combo) and my brakes are REALLY grabbing at 1/2 the lever travel. I love this set up. Are you certain there arent other issues? MC needs rebuilding, air in the lines...etc?

I also have the semi metallic pads as well.

air in lines is impossible,bled the thing out several times...
i can get the lever at half and then they bite hard.
i was used to my vfr were i would brake with one or two fingers and way less travel,pursuing that to the vmax...
i need to put all fingers because when braking sometimes i get the fingers that are on the grip pressed by the brake lever.
it brakes,very hard if i put my mind to it,but not the feel i want...

I stopped at BOXENSTOPP today on my way to the campground and he bled the brakes for me. I did have air in the left caliper.
Now they are to full brake at half the lever travel.
So I'm good to go till my new stuff comes in.

Sent from Cowboy's Droid.

Ive decide to go with Sumi's on the front. Sean is going to powder coat and rebuild a set . Also going to go R1 on the rear Powder coated and red inserts.
Nissin axial remote res masters with the Black and red static mount reservoirs.

I've already got the Galfer Braided lines in red and the Galfer Wave Rotors.

It'll take a while to get everything in and put on. I'll post pics when its done.
Nice those will look Great on your Vmax !

Stage 3 in process! Calipers blasted and at paint shop, seals ordered, inserts off for anodize. Brake mount and bar already in hand and ready along with bolts and new pads all around.

Gee I wish I had seen that the Sumi 6 pots don't have covers covering the top side.
Not really sure I like these at all now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gee I wish I had seen that the Sumi 6 pots don't have covers covering the top side.
Not really sure I like these at all now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have them on my bike, and never had an issue with them.

I think it's a cosmetic thing. I think he liked the color matched plastic fillers of the original calipers.

Back