Low oil pressure

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know many have said they just put in the 4 quarts and not had a problem but I would be cautious.

Too much oil is just as bad as not enough. It will cause foaming and air entrainment which will lose its lubricity. The max actually has 1/2 quart left over in all the galleys when you change the oil so when you are putting in a full 4 quarts you actually have 4.5 quarts of oil in there. Fill it to the line and then stop.

Just my .02
IN MY OPINION , IT WOULD ONLY FOAM UP MORE THAN NORMAL IF THE OIL LEVEL WAS HIGH ENOUGH FOR THE CRANKSHAFT TO HIT IT AS IT SPINS & WITH THE OIL PICK-UP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAN , ITS NOT GOING TO SUCK ANY FOAM ...:confused2: JUST MY 2 CENTS !:biglaugh: BUT I DON'T NO SHIT ! ASK MY WIFE !:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I've found filling it to the top of the sight glass causes oil to be forced into the breather box at prolonged high rpm.

WELL I MUST BE GETTING RIPPED-OFF , BECAUSE , I BUY THE GALLON JUGS OF OIL FROM YAMAHA & WHEN I FILL MINE TO THE FULL LINE , THERES ONLY LIKE 2-4 ONCES LEFT IN IT ! :confused2:

Latest posts

Back