Mark'd my Kerker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Mark'd my Kerker, Video on Second Page Now

I've done all kinds of things to make my Kerker Can look and sound better. Painted it black, gave it a color coordinated to the bike exit cap. Built several different cores in different sizes. I just haven't been satisfied.

CaptainKyle had given me a really beat up left side Mark's Can with a 2" outlet. Both Ends were scraped really bad and the middle had rash too. The inlet and outlet were fine. He thought there would be some packing I could use but when I got it apart, there was none there... I found some at a local bike shop. I got to thinking what it would take to rejuvenate the can. I cut an inch off both ends and re drilled for the inlet / outlet caps, now it's 12". Sanded the outer surface with finer and finer sand paper in a 1/4 sheet sander until almost all the rash was gone. What's left gives character...

I made an adapter from the Kerker Pipe to the Mark's Can, leaving as large a diameter as I could and as gradual of a close up as possible. Put this all together with High Temp RTV and wrapped where I needed to fill a gap with Aluminum Foil. Slipped the can over my adapter and used steel rivets to hold the pipe adapter and can solidly in place...

I found 3 pieces of strap, already drilled and made a bracket to hold the can in place. I mounted that to the point on the Kerker where it is mounted to the frames stock muffler mounting point...

I'm a lot happier with the look and sound of the bigger diameter can...Thanx Kyle for the junk can. All the peripheral parts to do this were about $15.00 and it was Fun....

Took the bike out and got some pictures to show here...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

My Marx'd Kerker....:rofl_200:

Attachments

• Skull Duggery Marx 1.jpg
    Skull Duggery Marx 1.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Skull Duggery Marx 2.jpg
    Skull Duggery Marx 2.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Skull Duggery Marx 3.jpg
    Skull Duggery Marx 3.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Thanx Garrett. I had to go back and correct my grammar. I'm amazed the post made any sense when you read it...:bang head::rofl_200:

Thanx Garrett. I had to go back and correct my grammar. I'm amazed the post made any sense when you read it...:bang head::rofl_200:
I do the same thing, throw my thoughts up and then once I read it I go :th_signs60:then restructure the whole post to actually make sense!
Looks great Dave, gonna confuse all who look at it and think it's a Mark's! Next up, the video...so we can all hear the roar, right Dave!:eusa_dance::punk::th_party39:
:th_favorites24:

Well done Dave!! Your Monkey is pleased. No need to spend a ton of $$$$$$, just make the mods cool as hell and we are happy, though big money mods do make us REALLY happy.

Thanx Guys, I gotta find a name badge or something... MarKer, Marx, Marx'd. I think I have a stainless skull and crossbones somewhere that I could bend to fit...:ummm:

Hey Mod Monkey... We need more incentive.. We need your Mod Monkey of the Month Contest. All the Monkeys are Wankin Off, leaving us to discover our own mod talents... :rofl_200:

Nice job Dave, I like it! :clapping:

Gotta put out an interesting sound too. :punk:

She may be a PIA from time to time but man, SkullDuggery is looking great! :thumbs up:

Thanx for the compliments. Skull Duggery is nearing completion.. Pretty reliable now. Still getting some black particles in the front left carb but I think that will eventually clear up.

Seems that I'm in a resurrection stage for parts now. Taking stuff that should have gone into the garbage and rejuvenating them. This is where I really get a feeling of accomplishment... I hate it when projects are finished so I keep coming up with more. :rofl_200:

I have a friend from Jr High that's in a bad way with a divorce. I'm looking for an inexpensive Max to work on for him. He loves the bike and can't afford anything right now... Time for some payback, he saved my life once.. So, I owe him a lot...

Thanx naughtyG. I only wish it had a 2-1/2" outlet. It's very quiet at idle making it easy to talk. Really rips when the throttle is on hard...:biglaugh:

Ya know when you get over this world travel for business we want you to come back and buy another VMax....:clapping:

I have a friend from Jr High that's in a bad way with a divorce. I'm looking for an inexpensive Max to work on for him. He loves the bike and can't afford anything right now... Time for some payback, he saved my life once.. So, I owe him a lot...

And this, my friends, is what life is all about!! Yer a good man Dave! :worthy:

Latest posts

Back