Megascoop inserts.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
Alright guys...I have a set of megascoops all painted and ready to go. I decided to put vinyl carbon fiber stickers into the " airscoop" portion. And it looked really nice. The problem I've found is the heat from the bike causes the stickers to bubble. I really hate the look of mega Scoops having an empty scoop area.( stock Scoops have kinda a metal mesh). Just wondering if anyone knows of an insert thay can be bought to put on the forward facing section or if im just out of luck. If I can't find something ill probably just end up painting the stock Scoops. Anybody have suggestions for mega scoop inserts?
180ab489-6490-e22d.jpg
180ab489-64a7-c9f7.jpg

I think if you glued a shaped piece of lexan (about 1/8" thick) to the front, it might act as a good heat buffer to allow you to put the sticker on.

You can get some lexan at the home depot for about $5

MIne are just cut out with some mesh epoxied in from behind. Or you could cut it & leave enough edge to put a screw in & make grills that scred in from the front.

Attachments

• Mega scoop grill 001.jpg
    Mega scoop grill 001.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 41
Lexan might work. I really like that look captain. Are those the metal Scoops? I have the plastic ones and was worried about destroying my paint/plastic by cutting out or drilling into the Scoops. Do the metal Scoops come cut out?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Instead of cutting up a sticker and putting it on there why not buy some metal mesh and just put there. Should be no need to cut the openings out.

Back