Modified Front Seat Available at Thunder..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezeez

Reaction score
I just received and installed my Sportmax seat yesterday, just in time for Thunder ( I ordered it 9/07!). I have my original seat that was cut down and reshaped by the original owner. He had it done professionally and it's a great job. It's not as radical as the Sportmax but it also doesn't lock you into one spot like the Sportmax, either. You can see a picture of this seat in the garage. I'm on the 4th page. This isn't a bad seat for the larger butts out there.

I have to send in a stock core for credit so if anyone wants this modified seat, I'm taking it to Thunder with me. Give me $15 to pay for shipping my seat back and your stock seat for a core and it's yours. Call me on my cell (717-371-8449) at Thunder and we can swap it out there.

WOW! 9 months and you didn't tell him to pack sand? How vendors get away with this is beyond me...:confused2:

Sean's custom muscle seat that he made for me took around a month to make. Time wasn't a factor as there was still snow on the ground here so I couldn't ride it anyway. He did a excellant job and I'm very happy with the comfort it provides. I get a lot of compliments on how good it looks!
Although it may be the red lettered "REDBONE" on the middle section that makes the gentlemen nod their approval and the women want a ride! :rofl_200:

WOW! 9 months and you didn't tell him to pack sand? How vendors get away with this is beyond me...:confused2:

Yeah, I was close to canceling the order but John's a good guy, his shop is close to me and he was nice about it. He says he's been looking for other people to do the seats but hasn't had much luck. It is a quality seat but I have to say, the modified seat I just sold to Vmaxrider was more comfortable. I don't ride long distance so I'll keep the Sportmax, it looks cooler!

John warned me when I ordered it that it would be 4-6 months.

Dennis,

That seat is AWESOME!!! Rode home on Sunday for 10.5 hrs and my arse didnt feel like it was going to fall off. Thanks for the great deal and it was good to meet you too. Next year you need to make reservations at the Super 8 and hang with the Vmax crowd:biglaugh:

Dennis,

That seat is AWESOME!!! Rode home on Sunday for 10.5 hrs and my arse didnt feel like it was going to fall off. Thanks for the great deal and it was good to meet you too. Next year you need to make reservations at the Super 8 and hang with the Vmax crowd:biglaugh:

Yeah, I really have "trader's remorse" already. I really like the looks of the Sportmax and I'm getting a little more used to it, but that seat you have was much more comfortable.

Did you figure out why you have a gap at the tank while I had a gap at the Flip-up? I looked at my bike pictures and it definetely mounted different on our bikes. I remember that when I ordered the Sportmax, they asked what year bike I had which suprised me. I didn't think there was any difference in the model years.

Anyway, glad you like it.

I think that the gap is just manufacturing tolerances between the bikes. Not too sure why it would mount too much differently between years of manufacture unless the jigs were slightly different. Thanks again as that was the best bang for the buck I have gotten for anything I have bought yet.

Back