more info on chinese wave rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find Garrett! I was just getting ready to order these from ebay. Would much rather get them stateside and free shipping to boot.

I don't see a rear disc listed for the vmax on the mad hornet site... or wait, is it the same discs front and rear for my 92 max?

Cripes, just remembered since I have a 92, I don't have floating discs..

$189. & free shipping for the 1993-07 front rotors, per pair! Garrett has our best interests at heart! Plus, there are4 all-sorts of other stuff on the madhornets website. I bet many of us have bikes other than VMax's, so this could be a good source.

I don't see a rear disc listed for the vmax on the mad hornet site... or wait, is it the same discs front and rear for my 92 max?

Cripes, just remembered since I have a 92, I don't have floating discs..
I retrofitted my '92 with these floating rotors both front and back. They need to have adapters for the larger sized rotors (298mm) but they have worked flawlessly with EBC HH pads front and rear. I started with the stock calipers up front but then needed some more braking so I added SS brake lines and 6 pot Hayabusa calipers with EBC HH pads again.
You won't be sorry if you do these mods, the braking with my setup is superb!

Attachments

• IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 56
i emailed the ebay vendor who is doing our levers (wxracing) and they didnt' comfirm that their rotors are arashi, just that they are aftermarket parts dealer. i wonder if there are the arashi knockoffs and other knockoffs as well. i would be interested to find out.

I retrofitted my '92 with these floating rotors both front and back. They need to have adapters for the larger sized rotors (298mm) but they have worked flawlessly with EBC HH pads front and rear. I started with the stock calipers up front but then needed some more braking so I added SS brake lines and 6 pot Hayabusa calipers with EBC HH pads again.

+1 I have modded my '04 similarly (no adapters and Sumitomos off of a YZF750) and haven't looked back .

Attachments

• user5722_pic5491_1321228288.jpg
    user5722_pic5491_1321228288.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 36
  • user5722_pic5488_1321227568.jpg
    user5722_pic5488_1321227568.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 28

I've got some 4-pot tokikos on the front but the previous owner(s) didn't upgrade to floating rotors at the same time... So, the newer rotors are bigger diameter?

I've got some 4-pot tokikos on the front but the previous owner(s) didn't upgrade to floating rotors at the same time... So, the newer rotors are bigger diameter?
Most likely you still have the stock rotors on there ('85 to '92 were 282mm I believe) and the chinese rotors that I bought were 298mm.
So the answer is yes, the newer rotors are more than likely bigger.

Most likely you still have the stock rotors on there ('85 to '92 were 282mm I believe) and the chinese rotors that I bought were 298mm.
So the answer is yes, the newer rotors are more than likely bigger.

Sounds like a little time with the grinder and I'm good to go! :rofl_200:

Love the cap on the rear axel.

Latest posts

Back