Morley's Muscle Kit w/ Stock Cans?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxattacks

Reaction score
Is it advisable to step up to the Morley Muscle Kit on a bone-stock bike with nothing more than drilled endcaps on the stock cans and maybe the COP's?
Iv'e read all of the rave reviews about his kit and the expertise that has gone into it's development and I am all too impressed to say the least :clapping:
Thanx,
Bud

A quote from his website:

This kit is not normally recommend slip-on or stock type headers as they are really choking the flow down. A full header is best for this and the brand doesn?t really make all that much difference. Look for future dyno testing of many different kit and header combinations all on the same bike. The only true way to know what does and doesn?t work!
Gues I answered my own question.. :(

You could. The late Scott Peterson was running with modified muffler and Morley's kit. Sean may remember what he had for jetting and if his mufflers were just drilled or he did something different.

Scott actually only had the vent pipe part of the kit otherwise it was completely stock carb setup. As noted there isn't a single kit out there we recommend with stock or even slip-on exhaust systems.,

Sean

Scott actually only had the vent pipe part of the kit otherwise it was completely stock carb setup. As noted there isn't a single kit out there we recommend with stock or even slip-on exhaust systems.,

Sean
Well, that settles that. Guess I need a good system to really wake this thing up.
In '95 I bought some Cobra slip-ons. It looked great but ran like crap.

One of these days I'll put a system on..one of these days...:bang head:

Thanx guys!

Back