Motorcycle Club

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "MC" thing is more of an issue in major cities or places where "1%" clubs are known to have chapters. I doubt anybody would care up here.

"MC" carries a negative, outlaw connotation to a lot of cops and people, so a lot of clubs now use "RC" for riders/riding club to differentiate themselves. I don't know if there's any actual protocol or laws about it(I doubt it), so you really should be fine either way.

There is some good ones here......THANKS!!!!!:clapping:

We are familiar with the local clubs and we won't be stepping on any toes and they will all know who we are and what we do........

Our original thought was to go with an established club out of New Jersey with about 20 chapters nationwide called EMSANGELS MC.......

We had some concerns about the use of ANGELS in the name and the crossed pistons on the patch......

So we are going to try to start our own......

We will be getting INPUT from the local clubs......not permission:damn angry:

The "MC" thing is more of an issue in major cities or places where "1%" clubs are known to have chapters. I doubt anybody would care up here.

"MC" carries a negative, outlaw connotation to a lot of cops and people, so a lot of clubs now use "RC" for riders/riding club to differentiate themselves. I don't know if there's any actual protocol or laws about it(I doubt it), so you really should be fine either way.

You would be amazed at who is up here.......

fort drum is right around the corner, i'm sure that has some pull. i know nothing of the m/c world so don't know much but try to learn about it.

fort drum is right around the corner, i'm sure that has some pull. i know nothing of the m/c world so don't know much but try to learn about it.

Do a little research on the clubs in Quebec........which ain't real far from me.....

What is the differance? MC and RC. Are you saying if he wants to get paches and jackets he is going to have to ask someones permission?

Short answer; pretty much.

long answer; If you want to start a riding club, it's no big deal, no you don't require "permission" from anyone. Your freedom of association is your own, and freedom is after all, what riding is about. A riding club usually wears a single piece patch with the name and logo. RC's vary in dues and bylaws structure, some don't have them at all and that's fine, a riding club, by accepted definition is a much looser affiliation than an MC.

If you want to put "M.C." on a single piece patch, or wear a three piece set with rockers, it's and entirely different thing. There's a process to be followed, you have to have all your ducks in a row, and essentially get fly rights from your local dominant diamond patch (1%) MC.

If you start wearing a tradtional "MC" cut without going through the deal, or following the traditional rules, the odds are that sooner or later your club will get rolled up. Might be a week, or a year, depending on where you fit on your local dominant club's priority list, but at some point someone you don't want to fool with will come and take those cuts off your back.

Please don't get the wrong impression here, I'm not trying to intimidate anyone, just offering advice to the uninitiated, and help KB avoid anwanted attention. If you and your buddies want to form a club that's great and no you're not subject to anyone else's whim. Just be aware that putting "M.C." on the patch is claiming an association with a larger and very regulated community. I don't think Kaboom should have deal with any of that, and obviously he doesn't want to, so the appropriate step is to incorporate "R.C." in the patch design, which does the opposite. It's an official disassociation with the MC community... "We're not interested in your shit or your rules" and that's fine. If you don't want any involvement you don't put MC on the patch, and you don't claim any territory with a location rocker on the back of the cut.

FWIW the cops are well initiaed in the difference, and you'll pull a lot less grief from them wearing an "RC" type cut anyway.

ya lots of clubs and gangs in quebec there kyle. i know way off what you guys are doing, ride in a group in the eastern townships and see how long it takes to get pulled over, club or not. ever since all those biker wars they keep a tight eye on everyone. especially when they see a group of hoodlums like yourself :rofl_200:

hey guys ive got the perfect name ,how does the name the HEALERS sound:? just my two cents to the pot. best to you all buckridge.

what kind of bikes will be majority in the gang kyle?

We have a Vrod......a HD bagger and my Vmax.......

A Softail.....a Honda VTX.......a big Kawasaki bagger.....

Why:ummm:

Latest posts

Back