" MOUNTING TIRES on RIMS "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I I have done numerous wheels on a spin balancer that requires no weight except for Harley wheels they dont seem to be balanced real well.

Who's not surprised? Anybody? Bueller?

Can you add weights to spoked wheels, or do you tighten the spokes to adjust it? I've heard adding a playing card to the fork can also (in addition to an easy 10hp) improve a HDs handling.

Who's not surprised? Anybody? Bueller?

Can you add weights to spoked wheels, or do you tighten the spokes to adjust it? I've heard adding a playing card to the fork can also (in addition to an easy 10hp) improve a HDs handling.

Back in the day we would wrap a little solder around the spokes till it smoothed out! :biglaugh:

I use a MX tire changing stand and my "mojolever" easily pop them off and on with very little effort whatsoever. The bar has Delrin nylon mount and dis-mount ends so as to not scratch the rims. Ive changed a dozen tires since I purchased it and have not damaged a rim yet.

As for balancing, I switched to dynabeads a few years ago, and have had great luck with them.

i I FINALLY PUT MY NEW METZELERS ON TODAY , THE BACK WAS EASY , THE NEW TIRE MACHINE AT WORK , WORKED GREAT , THE FRONT WAS A WHOLE OTHER STORY , WOUND UP HAVING TO CUT THE TIRE OFF THE RIM , I HAVE TIRE IRONS & RIM PROTECTORS BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO TALK A CHANCE , SO I POP THE BEADS OFF AND CUT THROUGH THE SIDE WALLS & REMOVED THE ENTIRE TREAD & HALF THE SIDEWALL , THEN I USED " NIPEX " CUTTERS AND THEY CUT RIGHT THROUGH THE BEAD OF THE TIRE , IT WAS ACTUALLY REALLY EASY ! .. THEN I USED THE TIRE MACHINE TO MOUNT THE NEW TIRES ! .. I PUT THE WHEELS BACK ON THE BIKE , THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS WAS GETTING ALL OF THOSE DYNA BEADS THROUGH THE TIRE VALVES , BUT ITS ALL FINISHED AND MAN THEY LOOK GREAT ! ...:punk:........:clapping:........:eusa_dance:...... THE ORIGINAL REAR BRIDGESTONE TIRE MEASURES 79 & 3/4 INCH DIAMETER , THE NEW METZELER MEASURES 81 & 3/8 INCHES , THAT A DIFFERENCE OF 1 & 5/8 INCHES ! ,,, THIS MEANS ABOUT EVERY 48 TIRE REVOLUTIONS , YOU GET ONE EXTRA , COMPARED TO THE SMALLER STOCK BRIDGESTONE !

i I FINALLY PUT MY NEW METZELERS ON TODAY , THE BACK WAS EASY , THE NEW TIRE MACHINE AT WORK , WORKED GREAT , THE FRONT WAS A WHOLE OTHER STORY , WOUND UP HAVING TO CUT THE TIRE OFF THE RIM , I HAVE TIRE IRONS & RIM PROTECTORS BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO TALK A CHANCE , SO I POP THE BEADS OFF AND CUT THROUGH THE SIDE WALLS & REMOVED THE ENTIRE TREAD & HALF THE SIDEWALL , THEN I USED " NIPEX " CUTTERS AND THEY CUT RIGHT THROUGH THE BEAD OF THE TIRE , IT WAS ACTUALLY REALLY EASY ! .. THEN I USED THE TIRE MACHINE TO MOUNT THE NEW TIRES ! .. I PUT THE WHEELS BACK ON THE BIKE , THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS WAS GETTING ALL OF THOSE DYNA BEADS THROUGH THE TIRE VALVES , BUT ITS ALL FINISHED AND MAN THEY LOOK GREAT ! ...:punk:........:clapping:........:eusa_dance:...... THE ORIGINAL REAR BRIDGESTONE TIRE MEASURES 79 & 3/4 INCH DIAMETER , THE NEW METZELER MEASURES 81 & 3/8 INCHES , THAT A DIFFERENCE OF 1 & 5/8 INCHES ! ,,, THIS MEANS ABOUT EVERY 50 TIRE REVOLUTIONS , YOU GET ONE EXTRA , COMPARED TO THE SMALLER STOCK BRIDGESTONE !

:punk: Hey Cop Runner, no more trips to the dealer or tire shop. I knew you could do it. Tires are easy and you won't pay anyone again to change them. Good Job, Spurs

i MAN WHAT A DAY , GOT MY NEW TIRES ON MY V-MAX , JUST GOT HOME FROM A BUDDY OF MINES LITTLE CHRISTMAS PARTY , WHERE I HIT THE 50/50 FOR $301.00 AND THAT PAYS FOR MY NEW TIRES AND I STILL HAVE CHANGE ! .. NOW THATS A GOOD DAY ! ... :punk:

i MAN WHAT A DAY , GOT MY NEW TIRES ON MY V-MAX , JUST GOT HOME FROM A BUDDY OF MINES LITTLE CHRISTMAS PARTY , WHERE I HIT THE 50/50 FOR $301.00 AND THAT PAYS FOR MY NEW TIRES AND I STILL HAVE CHANGE ! .. NOW THATS A GOOD DAY ! ... :punk:

Haha!! That's a hell of a deal Timmy!! Love those little 'presents' this time of year....eh? :clapping:

i I FINALLY PUT MY NEW METZELERS ON TODAY , THE BACK WAS EASY , THE NEW TIRE MACHINE AT WORK , WORKED GREAT , THE FRONT WAS A WHOLE OTHER STORY , WOUND UP HAVING TO CUT THE TIRE OFF THE RIM , I HAVE TIRE IRONS & RIM PROTECTORS BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO TALK A CHANCE , SO I POP THE BEADS OFF AND CUT THROUGH THE SIDE WALLS & REMOVED THE ENTIRE TREAD & HALF THE SIDEWALL , THEN I USED " NIPEX " CUTTERS AND THEY CUT RIGHT THROUGH THE BEAD OF THE TIRE , IT WAS ACTUALLY REALLY EASY ! .. THEN I USED THE TIRE MACHINE TO MOUNT THE NEW TIRES ! .. I PUT THE WHEELS BACK ON THE BIKE , THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS WAS GETTING ALL OF THOSE DYNA BEADS THROUGH THE TIRE VALVES , BUT ITS ALL FINISHED AND MAN THEY LOOK GREAT ! ...:punk:........:clapping:........:eusa_dance:...... THE ORIGINAL REAR BRIDGESTONE TIRE MEASURES 79 & 3/4 INCH DIAMETER , THE NEW METZELER MEASURES 81 & 3/8 INCHES , THAT A DIFFERENCE OF 1 & 5/8 INCHES ! ,,, THIS MEANS ABOUT EVERY 48 TIRE REVOLUTIONS , YOU GET ONE EXTRA , COMPARED TO THE SMALLER STOCK BRIDGESTONE !
i " CHECK THIS OUT " , WITH THE STOCK TIRE , IT WOULD HAVE TO ROTATE 795.18 TIMES PER. MILE , NOW WITH THE NEW TIRE , IT ONLY SPINS 779.91 TIMES PER. MILE , THE NEW TIRE SPINS 15.27 LESS TIMES PER. MILE AND /OR COVERS 103.37 MORE FEET IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF REVOLUTIONS AS THE STOCK TIRE ! .. HEY , THE WAY THESE THINGS ARE GEARED , ANYTHING HELPS ! .. :punk:

Tim are you sure you didnt scratch your rims...Maybee theres a scratch you cant see :) You better go double check just to make sure :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Tim are you sure you didn't scratch your rims...Maybee theres a scratch you cant see :) You better go double check just to make sure :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
i NOW " BRIAN " YOU NO BETTER THEN THAT ! :biglaugh: , ITS JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE THINGS , IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT , YOU GOTT'A DO IT YOURSELF ! .. :punk:

Well I pondered doing the tires/balancing myself recently. Researched static balancing equip, tools to do it, elbow grease needed....Then I went to my local motorcycle shop and questioned their $ and practices. $17.50 to mount/balance if you buy the tire from them, $25 if you haul your stuff in. And that's taking the old tires off, and dynamic balancing.

So I realized it is better for me to just go there instead of DIY, considering I don't put tremendous miles on the old bike anyway.

Brian

i NOW " BRIAN " YOU NO BETTER THEN THAT ! :biglaugh: , ITS JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE THINGS , IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT , YOU GOTT'A DO IT YOURSELF ! .. :punk:

I know thats why I had to mess with you...But just to be safe you might want to go check again, just in case :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

i " CHECK THIS OUT " , WITH THE STOCK TIRE , IT WOULD HAVE TO ROTATE 795.18 TIMES PER. MILE , NOW WITH THE NEW TIRE , IT ONLY SPINS 779.91 TIMES PER. MILE , THE NEW TIRE SPINS 15.27 LESS TIMES PER. MILE AND /OR COVERS 103.37 MORE FEET IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF REVOLUTIONS AS THE STOCK TIRE ! .. HEY , THE WAY THESE THINGS ARE GEARED , ANYTHING HELPS ! .. :punk:
i SO FOR EVERY 51 MILES THAT YOU GO , YOU GET 1 MORE MILE FOR FREE ! .. :biglaugh: .. :rofl_200:

So if a v max leaves New Jersey heading west at 59 mph, and a suzuki leaves Los Angles heading east at 71 mph....assuming the Jersey bike will fight 18.6 mph head winds 36.2% of the trip and the CA bike will benefit from 19.3 mph tailwinds 69.1% of the trip.....

Where will they meet....or will they meet at all?:ummm:

So if a v max leaves New Jersey heading west at 59 mph, and a suzuki leaves Los Angles heading east at 71 mph....assuming the Jersey bike will fight 18.6 mph head winds 36.2% of the trip and the CA bike will benefit from 19.3 mph tailwinds 69.1% of the trip.....

If they are smart they will meet in Derby, Kansas at Sean Morley's!:biglaugh:

i HONESTLY , IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE HUMIDITY ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

i MY BUDDY MIKE CAME OVER TO SEE MY NEW TIRES , ( SOME OF YOU GUYS NO HIM FROM THE " BROWNIE RUNS " BIG , BALD , FUNNY FUCKER WHO DOESN'T LIKE ANYTHING ! ) HE SAID THAT " THEY MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A DIFFERENT BIKE " AND THAT HES GOING TO GET THEM FOR HIS BIKE ! .. :punk:

i THE BIKE I USED TO DRAG RACE DID , 10:15 AT 136 MPH'S , NO TIRE BALANCE FRONT OR SLICK ON REAR AND THE ONLY THING SHAKING WERE " MY BALLS " ! ..:rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

i heard me some ball breakers but not ball shakers :rofl_200:

i MY BUDDY MIKE CAME OVER TO SEE MY NEW TIRES , ( SOME OF YOU GUYS NO HIM FROM THE " BROWNIE RUNS " BIG , BALD , FUNNY FUCKER WHO DOESN'T LIKE ANYTHING ! ) HE SAID THAT " THEY MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A DIFFERENT BIKE " AND THAT HES GOING TO GET THEM FOR HIS BIKE ! .. :punk:

dude its not working for me, need pics i cant see that far???:bang head:

Back