Mt Greylock, Adams, Mass. Sunday 9/19

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
95spfldmax and I are making a run up Mt. Greylock in Adams, Mass this Sunday. With an elevation of about 3500' it's the highest point in Mass and the views are spectacular, well worth seeing! http://www.mountainsummits.com/mountains/massachusetts/greylock.htm

Obviously this is a 'shine only' event as rain in the flatland could easily be snow 'up on top!'

We will come up with a meeting place & time in the next few days, anybody interested let us know.

Dont think Ill have the new tire but if mable is running good Im in! I neeed a break !and it is beautiful up there!

There's also a car show in Lenox, MA. We could meet there or more south and ride there together....take a break and check some cars/bikes......then head up the mountain.......

:punk:dude would have loved to make that ride also, still out at camp moving drills, then fuel hauls, 5 pick up trucks into camp, more drills............ enjoy the ride man

There's also a car show in Lenox, MA. We could meet there or more south and ride there together....take a break and check some cars/bikes......then head up the mountain.......

That sounds good Mike, what about Great Barrington....avoid I-90 completely? That work for you Rick?

:punk:dude would have loved to make that ride also, still out at camp moving drills, then fuel hauls, 5 pick up trucks into camp, more drills............ enjoy the ride man

Yeah, hanging out at 3500' elev....right up your alley Rov!! :rofl_200:

Glad to hear the Nomads are hustling!! :biglaugh:

Looking at the volume of parts and pieces that are accomulating here for V-2 I'd say your mod monkey is gonna be one pumped up primate!! :punk:

That sounds good Mike, what about Great Barrington....avoid I-90 completely? That work for you Rick?

Yeah, hanging out at 3500' elev....right up your alley Rov!! :rofl_200:

Glad to hear the Nomads are hustling!! :biglaugh:

Looking at the volume of parts and pieces that are accomulating here for V-2 I'd say your mod monkey is gonna be one pumped up primate!! :punk:

ya i cant remember half the stuff man, just about to order up the coil wires the pre made ones. monkey will be happy for sure, maybe convince yours to start buggin' you also hahahahah

ya been working out of 5000 ft strip about 1300ft long...if that, got lots of video for ya to see.

Dan It doesnt matter to me,:confused2:Im gonna tag along with mike? i think:ummm:. I let my son take mable to work today:ummm: ,soooo............... I will have my new tire for the ride!:biglaugh: but know I need to get the laptop pluged in and lean it out a litttle ,its running fat all of a sudden!:bang head:Damn EFI:bang head::bang head:.

Mikeymustang where arrrrrre you? ( hes go tEFI tuning know how)

We're meeting at the car show in Lenox at noon tomorrow. I'll be leaving my house about 11:00 am, if there's anybody else who wants to go, PM me and we'll meet up and head over.

Im heading to the meeting place,and if mables not running for shit Ill continue on to the car show and the summit. If she is still running for shit She'll be for sale ,anyone interested in an 89 with EFI and A maxgasser seat!some other goodies too!

Im heading to the meeting place,and if mables not running for shit Ill continue on to the car show and the summit. If she is still running for shit She'll be for sale ,anyone interested in an 89 with EFI and A maxgasser seat!some other goodies too!

Could flip you my MAP and see if it helps..... oh wait I am running 45mm throttle bodies on a 1428cc engine, might still be rich LOL. Get an O2 sensor/gauge installed, it really helps with tuning. Wish I could make it there to ride with everyone.......:tantrum:

The added bonus is that the car show is billed as a bike show also......

See you guys there for 12:00...............

Here's the forecast......supposed to be low 60's and cloudy with 20% change of rain.....prob want to bring sweatshirts in addition to leathers and winter type gloves for back-up.......can only imagine how it will be at the summit.....which kind of sucks because my out-the-window observation right now is SUNNY, 60 and perfect right now........

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...?query=01247&hourly=1&yday=261&weekday=Sunday

here's a different weather report. . . .

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/hourbyhour/graph/9421:19#

This major change in elev. is hard to suit up for! Right now, I would just put a mesh jacket on with a sweatshirt back-up, but cloudy @ 3500'.....different story totally!! Maybe Carhart Artic Extremes would be better! :rofl_200:

The bike show part sounds cool....s'pose if I get lost in Lenox I'll never live it down....eh? :bang head:

It's impossible to get lost in Lenox...one road in , one road out...but you already knew that...have a safe ride...

home safe from a good ride,175 mile round trip,a little rain at the top of greylock but othewise good weather. mable coughed and spit but made it.

I'm back too, hit a little rain right after parting company with the group but no big deal and the rest of the ride home was cake....almost sunny.

A good day, great company, let's do it again soon!

Oh, realized why it's called Mt GREYlock...it sure was grey up there....and locked in for sure! :rofl_200:

And, I didn't get lost in Lenox either! Yer right, you would have to be pretty bad off to get lost there!! :wacko:

OK, OK! :rofl_200:

I only took a few pics at the car show. It wasn't huge but there was some class iron there, for sure. A local reporter had some pics of twistedmax and me and wanted to do a short interview of us for the local paper.....I wouldn't give him my last name so not sure it'll ever mke it in.....damn 60's paranoia, it creeps back in at the oddest times!! :smoke000::eek:h yeah:

Must be the lack of O2 or somethin' but forgot all about the camera up on the mountain....sorry! :worthy:

Attachments

• 100_2124.jpg
    100_2124.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_2126.jpg
    100_2126.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_2127.jpg
    100_2127.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_2128.jpg
    100_2128.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 12
We couldn't take the north access road off the mountain because of this incident, which occurred on the north side about the same time we were coming up the south.....suspected this might have been the outcome (we didn't know at the time). Poor guy, hate hearing these things!!

Crash kills Conn. man
By Dick Lindsay
Updated: 09/20/2010 12:04:17 AM EDT

Monday September 20, 2010
Berkshire Eagle Staff
ADAMS -- A Connecticut man died following a motorcycle crash on the Mount Greylock State Reservation Sunday afternoon.
The 43-year-old motorcyclist, who has yet to be publicly identified, was riding northbound on Notch Road in Adams around 12:30 p.m., when he lost control of 2007 Suzuki and slammed into a guard rail, according to state police.
The victim was taken to North Adams Regional Hospital where he was later pronounced dead, police said. Authorities didn?t release the man?s name on Sunday night, as next of kin hadn?t been notified of the accident. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Back