My Custom T-Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smackdown

Reaction score
Hello again,

Even though I can't upload a wiring diagram yet I will try to explain how I wired the vboost to the horn switch.

Go to Vmax Outlaw and look at Terry Campell's "TBoost" mod. vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/TBoost.htm. You will need to build this mod, or buy it. I think vmaxoutlaw sells it. Several vendors offer it for sale pre-made. Look at the wiring diagram. There is an optional switch called "S1". Splice in the horn switch at the S1 location. Your boost will still come on at 6K anyway, but if you hit the horn button at 3K or over it will turn on the vboost. I built the Terry Campell mod and wired in my horn switch as the S1 the first time I modified my vmax.

The unit I am currently running is a v-boost activator sold by micromachines.ca/activator.htm. ( I got one almost for free, so what the *^$#, might as well install it). It comes with a toggle switch. Cut off the toggle switch and splice in the horn switch. Set the dip switches in the unit to all zeroes and you now have vboost at 2K or above.

Hope this is clear enough without pics.

OK, I know both of these mods will work when installed stock. The Terry Campell unit will kick on at 3K without the S1 (Horn) switch. The micromachines unit will automatically kick in at whatever rpm you set. For me, sometimes I don't want boost kicking in at 3K. Maybe I'm pulling out to pass that 18wheeler and I'll hit the boost at 42K. In any case, now I control when it kicks in. Just my preference.

Hope this helps. BTW, I've only done this mod to my ride, I don't guarantee it will work for you.

Smackdown

Hey Smackdown,

I started a new thread as I know that will get lost in the one you had...:thumbs up:

OK ! But what I want to know is will the horn still work ? :biglaugh:

I like the idea, and yes I'd like a few pics now that you mention it...:biglaugh:

nope, no horn....I don' need no stinkin' horn........

I'll try to post a pic or two....

Smackdown

Last edited:
All,
I'm wanting to do something similar to this T-boost mod posted above, but I would rather have the v-boost come on whenever I push the button/switch no matter the RPM. I would still want the v-boost to activate at the normal 6k even if I don't push the switch. This would be very similar to the cooling fan switch mod that many of us have done. Does anyone know if this can be done, or what wires I would need to splice into? I'm sure I can figure this out, but I wanted to check with the forum first to see if it has already been done.
Thanks,
Jeff

Yeah, talk to Kloker. He has a diagram which shows which two vboost wires power the servo motor. I did this with a switch and can open/close boost whenever I want. You could splice into the current connection so vboost can still come on at 6K.

Mark

Thanks will do, I also want to make sure that if I do splice into the servo power, that I will not burn it up by keeping the switch turned on. I'm assuming there is some type of internal sensor/switch that will cut power when it is fully open?

I used a 3 way switch. Up is open, down closed. Center position is off. The valve will stay open once opened and the switch returned to center position.

Mark

Yeah, talk to Kloker. He has a diagram which shows which two vboost wires power the servo motor. I did this with a switch and can open/close boost whenever I want. You could splice into the current connection so vboost can still come on at 6K.

Mark

??????????????? My vboost is long gone! Thailand or something.

Yeah, but you emailed me a pic that showed the vboost plugin and which pins controlled the motor.

P.S....you're a fucker on those caliper adapter. lol

Mark

Here's the pic.

Mark

Attachments

• Vboostmanualcontrol 001_edited[1].jpg
    Vboostmanualcontrol 001_edited[1].jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 75
Yeah, but you emailed me a pic that showed the vboost plugin and which pins controlled the motor.

P.S....you're a fucker on those caliper adapter. lol

Mark

I do not want those adaptors!Anyone who needs them should buy them!

Back