My exhuast choice :

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
I think I am going to take the plunge and buy a Marks Exhaust.

This Saturday I heard 5 different exhausts - and mine (the Hindle) sounded the least appealing.

The HMF was a close second in awesome sounding. It's got a nasty, deep growl.

Marks, hands down, sounded the best though. The deepest growl - just like people say - sounded like a custom small block.

I am just worried about the power loss I may inherit with the Marks vs my Old style Hindle...

But the sound was intoxicating.

Even my girlfriend, when hearing it - looked at me and said "Go for it! Buy that exhaust!"

i doubt u'd even notice, i bet sean will know better, but i can't imagine loosing more than 2-3 hp its still a full header system.

Agreed! You'll never notice and it'll probably feel faster with the sound it makes!

Chris

Your old system wasn't even the high flow that the hindle offered (very hard to find those though). I expect you may actually end up with a gain in power. Either way nothing I would say is worth buying for just that. Sound and looks make the difference.

Sean

I never noticed a bit of difference between my Walker setup and Marks and the Walker setup is one damn good one for power.

Chris

i have ufo headers with hmf cans and they sound awesome . but at idle they dont sound the same on both sides. i was at hmf last week and they still make vmax exhausts ,but if you want one you have to get it from vmax mario

Does anyone have any pictures of the higher-flowing Hindle system?
I am curious now.

Those look like mine. Mine stack on top of each other too.

And for the record I ordered my Marks!! 2 weeks and they will be shipping!

Anyone looking for some, I recommend ordering soon!

I'm new to the forum, and I just bought a 1995 vmax, looking for a new exhaust to replace the stocker.

To the OP-

Did you compare the Mark's exhaust to the Kerker and the Walkers full system?

I am looking for the deepest muscle car sound. I don't plan on racing, so I don't need every drop of HP. This bike has plenty, I just want it to sound like a beast.

Thanks

IMO you have two options for great sounding pipes:
1) Kerker - 4 into 1 style, best power, nice and loud with 2.5" comp baffle - See Sean Morley to purchase
2) Mark's - 4 into 2 style, great power, great rumbly V8 sound (My favorite:biglaugh:) Call Mark for more info - phone number is in VMF Links on toolbar above.
I would suggest that you listen to both to get a feel for the sound. You should be able to find a local group to listen to a variety of exhausts.

Back