my legs are to long!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
So guys I finally got my max all together and took it for a spin for the first time!!! First off it was amazing feeling but one big problem I can for see is my legs are really crunched up.. I am 6'4 1/2" what can I do??? I was thinking forward control may help but will they scrap in corners? I looked them up and there pritty pricey!! I want to get a maxgasser I don't know if he can make anything different because im so tall I love this bike and I've only put 4 miles on it!! I can see a comfort factor coming into play tho. :/ also was thinking drag bars might make my arms extend more to make it more comfortable and Ideas on what I should look into would be great!!! Ill know more when I give it a nice ride to work which is 50 miles each way..:ummm:

Raising a MAXGASSER probably wont happen,theres not enough room in the cover ALTHOUGH forward controlls would make a world of differance. I do have some taller customers that have been happy with the seat with minor mods on my end.I do offer the trial program for exactly this kind of SITuation.

RO, how tall are you?

He's 6'4-1/2", I'm only 6'1" and I had / have the same problem.
I added about 1/2" padding to my stock seat to increase the distance between the seat and pegs.
That was all I could add and still have the middle section still latch and function properly.
It helped some but on long Rides my legs would still cramp if I didn't use the Engine Guards to stretch my legs.
Forward controls would probably greatly improve it but I just don't like the feel of them personally.

I am also 6'4", I understand the leg cramping issue, I also wanted to place forward controls on to my max, but the set I want is not cheap. I have looked into everyone that I could find. The strongest, best position and the best looking ones are made by a fellow in England. Ebay link to forward controls
As the dollar keeps falling these cost even more for us here in the states.

Forward controls was the answer for me , 6 ft. , legs got cramps consistently when I rode . Not anymore . Been in the saddle for 10 hours in a 24 hour day & could still walk .

+ Comfortable , Bling , Happy Monkey .

_ Cuts down the twisties clearance , More to clean .

Attachments

• # 2 Group Chip 192.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 192.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 95
  • # 2 Group Chip 191.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 191.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 98
Will lowering the pegs make it scrape in the corner? Im used to riding a rocket/sport touring and the bike now has a 170 on the rear the previous owner said it turns corners very well. I don't think I could spend so much on fwd controls with out trying them on a bike first.. hopefully someone will have them on the icebreakers run here in buffalo.. but I might do them lowering pegs and maybe engine gaurds.

i think you will experience less corner scrapes with an "engine guard" solution--prolly it being an even cheaper solution.

yea i know kyle had a couple gaurds forsale less than a hundred buck.. i wish i couldve got his fwd controls he had for 250!! im not gonna pay 750 for fwd controls.. no way

I run Seeger forward controls and bar risers too. Do not lower stock pegs. I regularly scrape pegs with standard factory pegs and I still have dome chicken strips left. I love my long sweepers and get my ass off the seat and arms thrown waaay out there but hit a bump and your butt puckers when the hardpoints start grinding. Aluminum doesn't spark though.

I haven't tried them so I don't know how they fit but here's some straight up pegs on ebay. They come in black and aluminum. For less than a hundred dollars they look like a pretty good deal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251042706964
Otherwise here's some engine guards I was looking at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190663569834
I would recommend going right to the company's website. I saw them on there for a hundred rather than 160 on ebay.

Putting something like pegs our a guard up there would let you determine if you like the position before dropping the money for forward controls. You can always sell it on ebay later if you switch to forward controls.

I actually think I really like those pegs!! Engine gaurds at to close to the frame I think. Those look like there farther out!

I haven't tried them so I don't know how they fit but here's some straight up pegs on ebay. They come in black and aluminum. For less than a hundred dollars they look like a pretty good deal.
I would recommend going right to the company's website. I saw them on there for a hundred rather than 160 on ebay.

Putting something like pegs our a guard up there would let you determine if you like the position before dropping the money for forward controls. You can always sell it on ebay later if you switch to forward controls.

I just ordered them gaurds.. after looking closer the look to be about the same distance from the frame! Yea manufacture had them at 116 shipped lol

Let me know what you think about those engine guards as a riding position. I've been debating if the bar on the engine guard would be out far enough that your feet wouldn't keep slipping off. I almost ordered the black pegs yesterday and decided to wait... although I don't know what I'm waiting for.

Let me know what you think about those engine guards as a riding position. I've been debating if the bar on the engine guard would be out far enough that your feet wouldn't keep slipping off. I almost ordered the black pegs yesterday and decided to wait... although I don't know what I'm waiting for.

Will do! This is what I think im gonna do mount pegs on outside because it seems like it would be to close to engine for me ..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....10150119442618679.293182.282702488678&type=3

I just ordered the black highway pegs. On eBay it says buy it now "or best offer". They are listed for 98.00 and I offered 89.50 (an even hundred with shipping) and the offer was accepted. Just in case someone was thinking about it... might as well save a couple
bucks.

Back