My Max Tuning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ kaboom
No, man. No cutting is required for that exhaust just can not us the central stand during a ride cause it strike the pipes and make clearance of the bike much smaller
I use it only for service positions.
The rest of the time it's in the garage :)

The reason I ask is with the Kerker you have to cut the tabs off......I am really trying to avoid permanent changes to my bike.........I am going to look into that exhaust......Thanks!!!!:eusa_dance:

A little update about the Koso's RX2N meter I am using.
After 2 units' that gives same defect , EOBD and OIL light flushing after several days without been connected to the bike wiring at all and the problem with non properly working tachometer on V-Max 1200 .
The guys from Koso Taiwan send me third up grated meter RX2N+ (plus) with different CPU and software , finally RPM working fine no issues at all.

I still have not connect the Oil and EOBD lights ( the orange and violet wires on first video that are issolated at the end ) these two red lights are still on the genuine dash board .
This is because the Koso meter needs a negative signal to it Oil ware
and since v-Max don't have EOBD light I want to connect there fuel warning light but I am not shore how to do this and I don't want to damage the unit during some experiments .

Can some body from here that is well familiar with max wiring and way of working to these two lights help me find a solution.

here is Koso's wiring installation instruction :

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2821/kosowiringinstruction.jpg

and here is v-max wiring diagram, I out some colors on top of it :

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8651/vmx12colorwiring.jpg

The point is that Koso needs Negative for it oil light and a positive for EOBD light.
I want to connect max's fuel light to Koso EOBD light but because of the other time they flashing , when starting the engine a am litle confused to which wire to connect Koso's wires .
I think I will have to remove genuine bulbs from genuine dash to prevent errors like wneh connecting the turn signals - with genuine bulb , Koso meter was showing both sides no meter wish turn signal is on .

other thing :
thanks to this thread :
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5766
I am ready with 2005 kawasaki 636 COPs to replace my oem these days :)

thanks to dannymax & naughtyG for good explanations

OK, so I have the main harness wiring done, except for EODB and Fuel, what did you end up doing with those two? Just igore them?

You mentioned in pm that you used an alternative route to do the rpm wiring, what was the overall outcome of that?

So after re, re, re, re reading and watching the video I finally understood what you meant, and took a picture of it for people in the future.

I just turned on the tach, the left turn signal is always on, I have removed the oem bulb and it continues to have the same problem, how did you resolve it?
I'm still trying to resolve why the left turn is on, I can't put my finger on it...

Final question, I received 2 temp sensors, I know one of them is for coolant (replaces stock sensor by radiator cap) where does the other one go?

Ok, found the other spot... the plug john from vmaxbitz sent me was the wrong size :(

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:
So while looking at the temp sizes yesterday, since I received the wrong temp sensor adapter I replaced the old one... my question is, if I leave the old one connected will the old gauge clusters temp gauge work?

they were working the whole time with stock cluster :\ blinking at normal speed too

the actual turn signals still work, it's just that the koso speedo has an issue... if I turn the RIGHT turn on, the left one will blink on the gauge only, the actual turns do not.

I can open her up and take a picture, would that help?

I'd like to keep the stock light, but if it's not possible then I'd rather remove it and keep the new gauges turns. I know it's an issue on the new gauge, I'm just not sure where.

I should say that my wiring is setup before the harness, so I can technically disconnect the stock cluster completely without affecting the new one. *edit* I just disconnected the stock cluster, just to see if removing the bridge for the turnsignals would remove the issue; issue was not resolved...

http://www.kosoeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303&highlight=indicator

I just found that

"The circuit needs a 47ohm resistor fitted to the gauge wire for the indicator and the gauge earth its wired in parallel "

Pretty sure that's the same thing you did with the led fix

*Edit*

Przemek, I have a 1kOhm/1Watt/5%tolerance resistor and 5mmYellow Led 1.9-2.3w led, which should work... I see you grounded them to the black cable on the harness where the turns are connected, correct?

Przemek, I did the fix you provided, unfortunately it did not resolve the issue, the lights blink as they're supposed to with the 2 new leds, but the new gauge still has the same problem... which has me thinking that I may be able to use the same concept from your fix for the new gauge cluster... I just need to figure out how.

So that means that I'd need to go into the actual gauge desolder the cathode from the turns and make them single instead of parallel...

I'd be up for doing that, my problem is that voltage was able to get it working without doing that.

Other issue I have is that when turning the left turn on, the right doesn't blink... so does that mean there's a problem with the wiring for the left, that maybe it's grounded somewhere?

Latest posts

Back