My Max Tuning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good.

Did you spent days to polish those weldings or did you use bondo?
Im not sue if its worth to grinding the wledings. Some use to say thatw weldings shouldt be grinded.

Did you reinfored the crossover pipe on the swingarm, that one closest to the tyre?

Yeah , Half a day polishing :)))
It really looks good.

I didn't reinforced the crossover pipe, didn't know it is needed ...

Yeah , Half a day polishing :)))
It really looks good.

I didn't reinforced the crossover pipe, didn't know it is needed ...

Man, you got the patiente :)

IMHO this crossover pipe is the weakest part of the swingarm.
Its about 1mm thick sheet.
I realized this while bracing my swing for the monoshock.

Yes the crossover pipe is thick and that is why I connect it with two pipes to that "U" shaped pipe. the connections are very close to both ends of that crossover pipe with hope that this will make the whole construction strong enough .
I can not connect it to the main cross pipe ( where the bearing are ) because my exhaust pipes are just below it .
The pipe that I am using for that reinforcement is 33mm. diameter with 3 mm. thick wall, that is why I hope that this should do the job.
And it better do cause I don't want to do it again :biglaugh:

Soon will post video with the sound but IMO it sound great ... :punk:

And because I had some issues with the gears last days ( dogs of second and 5th gear ) I had to open the engine , and since it was opened I changed all gear wheels, all three fork shifts , all crankshaft bearing + connecting rod bearing some O rings and now I have something like brand new engine and i don't push it to much for the first 1000 kilometers (625 miles )

PS. I don't do engines ;) that part was done by two very experienced dudes here , where I usually maintenance my bike .

Soon will show more and better pics ( these two I made with my phone ) and some more video :)

hehe look good voltage, good work as usual :)
I was still expected the sound of that new pipe hahaha
I see you keep us waiting lol

Did you have to cut off the centerstand mount tabs to mount that pipe??:confused2:

...You have the 96db limit in your country too ?

Actually I don't know how much exactly is the limit but it is somewhere around that.
For any case I have a DB Killer :)
tonight will post video with it.

@ kaboom
No, man. No cutting is required for that exhaust just can not us the central stand during a ride cause it strike the pipes and make clearance of the bike much smaller
I use it only for service positions.
The rest of the time it's in the garage :)

Back