My Max Tuning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltage

Reaction score
Hello
I guess now, after months of changes, plans & work I can show you what i did to my max :
I was dissatisfied with OEM rims & tires to the bike, there's no radial tires for 15" rear rim so I finally decide to turn to 17" wheels .
So be it but I want radial brakes as well, USD fork and so on ...
so I decide to use Kawasaki's ZX14 fork, brakes, rims, (without front fender)

This is what was the bike months before i start the project.

I've made some rough plan of how it will look like :

50 minutes after I grab the tools :) but still not ready

rear wheel with conversion to the differential

Just because the original front fender of Kawasaki zx14 is .. how to say not quite the fender that I need, I pick up some R1 \

Hard Engine mounts & slightly cut the rear arm for the new 190 tire

For the first time I can see what it become :) The fork is stretched a bit and the upper tree is pushing even more ...

Just a little more ...... was left

The new tacho-speedo-temp-time meter :)

And finally ... I was ready for a ride

The Xenon light was there before that change

So that's all for now
I forgot te say that somewhere in the middle i change the clutch & brake master cylinders with Brembo ... very cool, the softest clutch I had ever hold and the hardest brake :)
the bike is almost 10 kg. lighter 4 cm shorter and 4 cm lower

What's left:
Eagle Mach7 4-2-1 exhaust or Kerker 4-2-1
Jet Kit stage7
Barnett Clutch

The bike feels completely different .
No swing at high speed, feel's very light on the road

That's it

Hey there Mr. Voltage, OUTSTANDING JOB! VERY, VERY close to what i have planned for my V-max. I'm currently running a ZX-9 USD front end(COO tripples), and i've got a braced stk arm. I'm currently running a modded GSXR 5.5"wide 17" wheel w/ 190 tire.
Did you mod the rear ZX-14 wheel or did you outsource it? Also, where did you get that lower scoop? Been looking for one like that.

Looks SUPER clean. The wheels match the bike well too!
Nice job!

Looks amazing, I wish I could do that to mine..

One thing amazes me though, you still use the OEM rear shocks? You're happy with those?

Great looking bike! I like what you have done with it...

Now time for some different bars,,, maybe dragbars I garuntee it will make the bike feel better along with all the mods you have done already.

Hello
I guess now, after months of changes, plans & work I can show you what i did to my max :
I was dissatisfied with OEM rims & tires to the bike, there's no radial tires for 15" rear rim so I finally decide to turn to 17" wheels .
So be it but I want radial brakes as well, USD fork and so on ...
so I decide to use Kawasaki's ZX14 fork, brakes, rims, (without front fender)

So that's all for now
I forgot te say that somewhere in the middle i change the clutch & brake master cylinders with Brembo ... very cool, the softest clutch I had ever hold and the hardest brake :)
the bike is almost 10 kg. lighter 4 cm shorter and 4 cm lower

What's left:
Eagle Mach7 4-2-1 exhaust or Kerker 4-2-1
Jet Kit stage7
Barnett Clutch

The bike feels completely different .
No swing at high speed, feel's very light on the road

That's it

Short, sweet, and to the point. Perfect write-up. You make it look easy, but it is not.

GREAT JOB!

Your scooter looks fabulous. The wheels are perfectly proportioned. You did an outstanding job. Bet you don't see many of those in Bulgaria.

Thank you all for the nice words I'm glad you like it too.

Will try to answer to all your questions:

@ Birdoprey
Yes the zx14 wheel was modified, the left side, the chain sprocet place was cut off and the gap was closed like on the picture above, It was very tricky so many different brackets to hold the rim during the welding otherwise it will become warped.
Originaly the rim was like that (I took the pic from internet)

then it becomes ;

I still don't have the lower scoop but plan to buy one maybe from here www.exactrep.com
there is several more places in Europe to buy belly pan's but right now I cannot find the links.
For example that one:
Koce's Mega-MAx
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/voltaja/KoceS_VMax_#5228199835838997650
( that's the bike of one of the GURU's that made all my plans reality the guy on the last pictures of my bike )
he get his lower scoop from Germany, i can get more info if there is interest.

@ naughty
Well I'm not perfectly happy with those but have plans to change them in the future.
maybe White Power or Ohlins

@ mymax04
that's the original head light but with Bi Xenon installed now the night ride is a fun too ;)

@ lankeeyankee
I have thoughts about that and a lot more extras but money is the key, once i have them i have no problem's to spend them :D

Short, sweet, and to the point. Perfect write-up. You make it look easy, but it is not.
My English is not so good so partly its because of that ;)
but yes it was not easy at all

@ Firewrench
lately the number of V-Max enthusiasts here in BG increase and surprisingly more of them want custom bikes :)

Once again Thank you guys for the kind words
hope soon to show you some more progress :)

A little update:

Jet kit Stage 7

WoW the bike goes completely mad... always ready for a wheelie :eusa_dance:
So Long V-Boost now it's always on :rocket bike:

soon will get 4-2-1 and hope for new max speed records :biglaugh:

Voltage,

Very nice work, the bike looks great. :clapping: Just a few questions. Where did you get that speedometer? Did it install easily? Do you like it?

Voltage,

Very nice work, the bike looks great. :clapping: Just a few questions. Where did you get that speedometer? Did it install easily? Do you like it?

x2, that black speedo would look great on mine as it does on yours....

Voltage,

Thank you .

I get it from of Jon's at VMaxBitz. You can find it at e-bay

The Installation was easy I did it. ( have to create custom bracket for the meter to put it like it is now ) If there is an interest I can send CAD drawing that i used for laser cutting .

I like it very much but have some issues with it :

The RPM meter have a few ways for connection but the only one that works is when I wrap the RPM wire around some Spark Plug wire ( Induction ) but then it got some very annoying disturbance, the hand of the RPM Meter jumps chaotic when engine is running on place and there is a difference between OEM RPM meter & Koso's One. How ever when riding the bike the RPM get exactly like the RPM on the OEM V-Max meter but still the RPM hand have some casual movements in some moments .

Otherwise, it has very cool features and very very accurate speedometer, I am happy with it.

After all I can't use the OEM max speedometer cause I don't want to modify front wheel and fork .

man great mods!!, love the look, how does it ride now???

The bike feels very light, definitely improved in corners when you want to bend it cause now it is 3 - 4 cm. shorter .
I did not have trouble with its weight before either, but now it feels very very different, some how better.

Don't like the fact that it got 3 - 4 cm lower despite that it look cooler that way but it is a restriction when getting down in the corners that's why I am getting 4-2-1 exhaust to improve corner clearance

Here we are with my wife , the OEM exhaust almost touch the road , with the 4-2-1 exhaust that degree will be even better :)

Back