My new Vmax tips.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
Thanks again to all of you who answered my Q's about the Max. Y'all were correct and I found out what 2/3 of my 3 position switch does, boost off, and boost at 6k. The other pole is disconnected. The other switch is indeed a fan on switch, which I AM using at traffic lites in south Florida.

My horn problem I fixed for $14 at Advance auto parts.

They have single automobile horns in Hi/Low tone pairs. I bought a high tone model, and it has a screw in the rear to mount it to the original max horn bracket. The old horn / bracket was out and back in the bike with the new horn mounted in 15 minutes now I can hear it under my helmet!

Next up is getting those scoops and other metal cleaned up. I decided to powder coat them and the airbox cover red, Pinstripe the airbox cover black, and fill in the scoop lettering black, and leave the rest alone. Red and Black, it's a good color scheme (Blue Oyster Cult)

Gary

Gary

hey where about are you in FL?

Southeast, between Lauderdale and West Palm. I see you're in Orlando, nice riding up there, all those lakes...

One of these days, I'm going to come up there to visit an old friend. He recently bought a dinosaur of a cruiser and I need to straighten him out :)

Gary

Back