My Richard Petty Driving Experience

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
So I've had this on my bucket list for a while, but never could find the time or coin. My childhood-buddy's dad, a Ret. USAF Colonel, had this on his bucket list as well and took advantage of an RPDE deal that allowed military vets to invite a second person at half-price, so that he could share the experience with his son. A few days before the reservation, my buddy ended up not being able make it down, so my buddy gifted me his spot. :punk: With the no-coin excuse trounced, all that was needed was the time and trust me not being to find the time was NOT gonna be the reason I had to pass up on this. LOL.

I've been waiting for a couple more vid clips and pics from my "other mom" that I want to splice into the vid, but my excitement to share this with y'all far outweighs my patience.

I wish I had just a couple more laps. I know I could've squeezed out a 170-mph top.

[EDIT]
Finally got the missing pics and merged them in. Also changed the background music.
[/EDIT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVTVbeEhCoA&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Lots fun. How would you like to take your gen 1 vmax out on M.I.S in irish hills michigan for a few laps. I got to run my vmax for a few laps at M.I.S l last year. I will be doing it again this year. The dowagiac boys invited me to a beer/wine tasting event at the track and part of it was we got to take our bike on the track. I thought it would be alot more strick than it was in fact it was a little dangerous. We had about 40 bikes and about 6 were vmax's. We did 3 laps and i got my bike up to 130 mph. They dident even make you have a helmet. Ive been to this track alot of times over the years and like you i always wanted to drive on it. Thanks again for the invite guys and i will be at the track again this year,

Maybe you can make a trip to michigan and hit the track with us this year. I wish i had film like you do but i dont. I know nipples had a gopro on his helmet so maybe it will show up.

Man riding my Max on a speedway would be absolutely RE DONK ULOUS!!! I can't imagine the shrills gleeming off of my grin. Also on my bucket list is to attend one of the Moto GP events in which the host circuit allows for spectators to drive the track. Man that would be SOOO much fun.

I talked with someone at the track just now and he will give me a call back and let me know if we can do it again this year.

A Good friend of mine from when I lived in Raleigh, NC did the Petty Experience at Charlotte.
He had a blast as well.
The closest I ever came to that is when I took a 3 day Advanced Motorcycle Riding Course at the Virginia International Raceway.
My girlfriend at the time was taking the beginners course there as well.
I spent the first day mostly in a classroom but days 2 and 3 were on the Track (on my Max) and were a Lot of fun.
I think they must have let us have too much fun because they don't let them use the track for that course anymore. :)

Nice Greg. They open up Daytona for bikes to run it sometimes during bike week. Admission fee is a bit steep the last time I looked into it but would be an experience of a lifetime for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The RPDE is definately a must on my bucket list. My mother in law got to do the 30 lap race a few years ago, we all saved up and got it for her for Christmas. When she arrived, they were not inclined to let her drive since she only had 1 arm, her left. After some convincing and the track understanding she was born that way and had been driving standards he whole life, they agreed to a test run first. She installed her gear shift extension that allowed her to use her stub to change the gears and she showed them it was no problem. After the race, damned if she post the 2nd fastest time of the class. She was so smug afterwards I had to laugh when she went back and let them know that she was coming back and wanted to race them. I can't wait to experience something like this, has to be almost as good a rush as my vmax at WOT...

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

So I've had this on my bucket list for a while, but never could find the time or coin. My childhood-buddy's dad, a Ret. USAF Colonel, had this on his bucket list as well and couldn't pass up the chance to share this experience with his son by taking advantage of an RPDE deal that allowed military vets to invite a second person at half-price. My buddy reserved the "second" seat, but ended up not being able make it down from Oregon at the last minute. So my buddy gifted me his spot. :punk: With the no-coin excuse trounced, all that was needed was the time and trust me not being to find the time was NOT gonna be the reason I had to pass up on this. LOL.

I've been waiting for a couple more vid clips and pics from my "other mom" that I want to splice into the vid, but my excitement to share this with y'all far outweighs my patience.

I wish I had just a couple more laps. I know I could've squeezed out a 170-mph top.

Nice! :punk: I remember seeing that track when I was down there and wishing I had more time to try it out!

Back