Need Battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgehrig4

Reaction score
I have an '07 and my battery is shot. Where is a good place to purchase a battery and what is a good battery to buy?

Also, I was going to purchase signals form UFO and noticed that the owner passed away. Are they still in business?

Thanks
Jeff

I recently replaced my battery with a Shoral Lithium ion battery from ebay for $150. It's 99% lighter than stock in fact the first time I picked up one in a box I thought it was just an empty box. It's also quite a bit smaller but still offers better performance. It also comes with foam padding to fill the void of the old large battery. I would recommend this battery to anyone. I have had them in a few bikes. As far as UFO still being in business yes I have been working with a guy named Mike who seems to be straight up and very prompt at responding to emails etc.

Ballistic is another Li-ion battery, dramatic size and weight drop, and very powerful.

Some swear-by-'em, some swear at-'em. Price is a factor.

Panasonic and Odyssey PC680 are other popular choices. Your local Batteries Plus shop will have some alternatives. And, there's the internet.

See Sean Morley's site (Morley's Muscle, on the top of the page banner ad)about a big-battery conversion w/a bit of battery-box surgery. Investigate them all, and choose one. Do it, and report back after a month.

This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good-luck, lgehrig4.
http://youtu.be/Jhuc9_T4558

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 33
I started looking after I posted, of course. Might be in my future... If my odyssey dies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Got a Shorai and I'm happy with it. I never got a low voltage again after that.
I used to have issues with acid based ones, maybe due to the very hot and humid weather here. Never got an issue again after switching to Lithium.
Ballistic ones look having better specs, but both are pretty equivalent I think.
The only downside remains the price, but it really does great.

I guess the gel types are still the best compromise quality/price.

PC680 or the Lithium Ion batteries are great and should be available locally or on ebay. We also sell a number of signal options and might even have the same signal you were looking for. Just shoot us an email and we can try and help you out. Our Facebook site has a ton of pictures (see link in the signature) and our regular MorleysMuscle.com website has a lot of stuff too (not as many pics as the facebook site though).

[email protected]

I used to get my OEM Vmax battery on Ebay, but after doing Sean's bigger battery box mod, I can now find the larger size battery anywhere in town, and usually go to Wal-mart because it's easiest to get in and out. More cold cranking amps out of the bigger battery is all I've ever needed, but I do have to check the water levels a couple times per year.

I have 2 Odysseys. One is 3 YO the other is 6 YO and still going strong. Both hold a charge between 12,85 and 13.02. With a good starter they turn the engines over like a vacuum cleaner.

My pc680 lasted 11 years. I just replaced it. My R/R decided to fail, might have gotten another year out of the battery, anyway the R/R failure caused the new pc 680 to discharge to 10 volts. Charged up the battery, back to 12.85 volts, works great ever since. My vote is still the pc 680.

A USB battery is 22 AH,a stock Yuasa is 16 AH. It was $56.00 shipped when I got this one. It's a good,powerful battery. I am still using it after 4 seasons and its still doing good on a load test. I never trickle charged it ever. Whatever you buy, get an AGM sealed type battery. Be done with the acid,water mess. I know you usually get what you pay for, but in this case you get more.
Steve-o

I would like to know what is the smallest battery you can get for the vmax but with out looseing the reliability

My PC-680 is going on 5 years old now. In that time I've never put a charger on it. It will fire up in spring like I just got off it. Great battery

Back