Need help from a Graphic artist

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this tribal tuning fork logo but it's not high res.

It is now, I just upped the resolution on everything from 92 to 500.

I have band rehersal tomorrow from noon to about 7pm, when I get home I'll start to assemble logo part deux.

I'm changing some of the shadows and grayscale so that things blend better. Right now I'm dealing with a 1/4 gig graphics file. I'm gratefull that the machine I built has the horsepower to handle it.

Insomnia has been kicking my ass for the past several weeks. As much as I hate the stuff, I got some meds today so maybe tonight I'll get some rest. I'm going to turn in for the night.

Since this is becoming a joint effort, and I apologize if I'm stepping on KJ's toes with this by altering his work, here's my contribution to the work. I've done it in flash for the website banner, and then just did a jpg from the final frame if Buster doesn't want to use the flash.

http://www.vinandcheryl.com/vmaxforumlogo2.html

Attachments

• newlogo2.jpg
    newlogo2.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Looks great Vinny, but I can't get the flash to come up. Only can see the jpg

Should be all fixed now, KJ. You know how it is when you stay up too late trying to tweak these things...
BTW, I appreciate you letting me contribute to your work.
Shit, it's supposed to hit high '50s around here today--if the snow melts enough, I'll take the beast out for ride (keeping a eye out for the sand that's everywhere, of course).

Vin

Fanfreakintastic ,....Very nice . Could the gen2 max extend out more ,..I can see more of the bike on the right than the one on the left.

Should be all fixed now, KJ. You know how it is when you stay up too late trying to tweak these things...
BTW, I appreciate you letting me contribute to your work.
Shit, it's supposed to hit high '50s around here today--if the snow melts enough, I'll take the beast out for ride (keeping a eye out for the sand that's everywhere, of course).
Vin

Holy shit that turned out sweet. :clapping:

It's all good when sveral ppl work on the same project, more ideas, better product. Besides its all for he same cause:punk:.

Don't for get to keep an eye out for the idiots that areen't used to seeing motorcycles. Last year I had a gal look right at me then turn in front of me. lol, I caught the whole thing on my helmet cam.

Looks great guys! My only suggestion would be to blend/soften the tuning fork logo a little to make it a little less pronounced.

So who will be the first to get this tattooed on themselves?

Holy shit that turned out sweet. :clapping:

It's all good when sveral ppl work on the same project, more ideas, better product. Besides its all for he same cause:punk:.

Don't for get to keep an eye out for the idiots that areen't used to seeing motorcycles. Last year I had a gal look right at me then turn in front of me. lol, I caught the whole thing on my helmet cam.

My eyes are WIDE open, KJ. Hey, check out the version with sound (2009 stock exhaust)...I like it better. Also, only 202 kb total size, which is the sweetest thing about using flash.

http://www.vinandcheryl.com/vmaxforumlogo2wSound.html

Hey, hubeerjw--do you mean make the tuning fork logo seem more like it's part of the skull?

I'm going to be the one dissenting voice but can we get something without a skull on it..it's too cliche

My eyes are WIDE open, KJ. Hey, check out the version with sound (2009 stock exhaust)...I like it better. Also, only 202 kb total size, which is the sweetest thing about using flash.

Great Idea. I'm an idiot when it comes to flash, I struggled with html. I don't have the brains for it I guess :biglaugh:

Great Idea. I'm an idiot when it comes to flash, I struggled with html. I don't have the brains for it I guess :biglaugh:

Just got back from a quick (half hour or so) ride, and it is friggin' beautiful out by me today! Must be 60 or more.
From what I can tell of your expertise with the VMax, flash would be a piece of cake for you. It's mostly WYSIWYG now, and only a matter of investing the time into learning it (that most of us don't have). I actually used After Effects to make the flash movie, then Flash to add the sound and export the shockwave for the web.
I'm fortunate because my business is video production, so I get to spend plenty of time keeping up with all the latest video, graphics, motion graphics and sfx software.
Speaking of video, what are you using for a helmet cam?

I'm using a ACT-1000 for my helmet cam, and pinnacle studio and pinnacle hollywood FX for the software. I have to look into the flash stuff, I'm impressed with alot of the stuff I see. Like I said earlier, Other then AutoCAD, I'm a complete hack when it comes to computer graphics.

I'm going to be the one dissenting voice but can we get something without a skull on it..it's too cliche

Here is one with the skull removed. like a moron, I saved over another version that is similar to this one. Cept the bikes are superimposed over a dyno sheet.

Attachments

• Logo1a_1.jpg
    Logo1a_1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 42
I like these and I like the flash as well.
If you can with the flash how about the two bikes smoking tires from oppisite sides and as they pass have smoke and flame explosion leaving the two bikes and the skull.

Back