Need some info on ZRX rear shocks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi all

I did several searches but i couldn't find any post with this info. Im considering installing ZRX shocks on my bike to raise the tail a bit. I need some feedback on those shocks. Can anyone with them installed chime in? Thank you in advance...

They are 1.25" longer. You must sacrifice one v-max per pair of ZRX shocks. One bushing in each ZRX shock is the wrong size but the v-max ones fit in place. Other than that, they will work well.

could u buy the sleeves from like progressive? Is it just the sleeves or the whole bushing?

i had some hagon shocks off a zrx12 on mine, and they lifted the tail substantially which was good, but proved to be quite hard and bouncy, which was not so good...

Wildweasel, keep me informed. I've been burning down Craigslist and Ebay for a pair at a fair price and these babies don't go cheap! But I'm with you on wanting the trailing angle increased, if nothing else they will keep me from dragging my 4:1 on the long right turns!

They are 1.25" longer. You must sacrifice one v-max per pair of ZRX shocks. One bushing in each ZRX shock is the wrong size but the v-max ones fit in place. Other than that, they will work well.

Thats not an issue. I'll make the bushings myself. Already did with my last setup...
Thanks

Wildweasel, keep me informed. I've been burning down Craigslist and Ebay for a pair at a fair price and these babies don't go cheap! But I'm with you on wanting the trailing angle increased, if nothing else they will keep me from dragging my 4:1 on the long right turns!

GreenBlitz

Send me a PM. I can get you a set from a ZRX1200 '01 with 15K miles for $250 plus shipping. These are in good condition and belong to a friend of mine. I already got another set. But if you want them tell me fast because they are advertised on a forum and i just "undibbed" them for another set...

i had some hagon shocks off a zrx12 on mine, and they lifted the tail substantially which was good, but proved to be quite hard and bouncy, which was not so good...

Can you post a pic of those Hagons / What else did they come on ? TIA .

Think Hagons are just aftermarket. I know they made the replica 650 Triumph shocks that look like the originals I bought for my 1968 TR6R. Much better that the originals though..:biglaugh:

Woot! WildWeasel hooked me up with a buddy sellin me some ZRX shocks! Increased trailing angle here I come!

BIG THANKS TO THE WEASEL!

Thanks Mr. Weasel , do you happen to know what bike / bikes came with hagons ? TIA

Just Fred... Rollie

I cannot answer that for sure but i strongly believe its like m-cman states... At least i've never seen them on stock bikes unless they are disguised like the vulgar XJR1300 Ohlins... with yamaha stamp, but i think that Yamaha controls Ohlins or something similar so...

Woot! WildWeasel hooked me up with a buddy sellin me some ZRX shocks! Increased trailing angle here I come!

BIG THANKS TO THE WEASEL!

Glad you were happy with it... That guy is a former flight instructor i had in Laughlin AFB - Del Rio... He's a cool guy...

Back