Need to feed the mod monkey?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
If you buy presents for your Max like I do, and cant think of the next one to get. Try an alarm.
Ive stood in doorways like at the grocery store and watched people actually touch and fondle my bike. I walked up on some skater kids grabbing some throttle and making vroom noises (chase and yelling ensued):gun shoot:. I should have jumped them by surprise. I got to thinking about all the other times Max is out of sight so I installed an alarm that chirps with a warning when touched and goes ape shit if touched again. Its extremely sensitive and takes a measure of its surroundings every hour to reset its sensitivity so its not bothersome to ambient noise or street vibrations. Comes with the usual automatic arming and ignition disable. Ive forgotten its armed and went to put the key in the ignition and just the tip of the key will bring it to life. I don't mind one or a crowd asking questions, but touching without me there is a no no. If you feel the same then I suggest you invest in a cycle alarm. Most are very easy to install and reasonably affordable.

+1

First thing i've done after bought my v-max was an alarm instalation.

Sitting and touching your bike is an plague here! People use to think thats nothing and they can sit and touch your bike whenever they want.
Tahnks god that guns are not easy to get here couse i will be in jail now with couple death sentences!

My alarm have remote bike startup and its very fuuny when some jerk try come and play with my bike and sudenly bikes starts :rofl_200:
You should see them faces and how fast they running :rofl_200:

Hmmm, not sure about cyclone. If its for a bike and has good features then it should be OK. Not much room to fit a car sized alarm on a bike. I actually got mine on fleabay cheap, I can't remember the name. It was plug and play and the remote clamps onto the key instead of dangling on the ring.

Really cheap!!! like $27 and some change. It ended in the early morning hours and I guess I was the only one who stayed up. they later sold with a reserve for around $75. I managed to fit it infront of the air box and on the right side.
I think they all offer good protection. water proof is a plus. I'd get what you can afford.

Back