New 94 project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got brave today and decide to take the carbs apart, wasn't a bad job at all. Sometimes, I doubt my abilities even though I used to rebuild KZ1000 carbs all the time! I got spoiled along the way, and have been "farming out" that carb work for years, but I figured these couldn't be too bad, since it was running great at WOT, just wouldn't idle. Well, all 4 idles circuits were PLUGGED, big time. I unclogged them with a fine wire brush, checked all the other jets while I had it apart, put it all back together, and SUCCESS! Runs like a champ! I had to sync them, they were off a bit, but I just got back from about a 30 minute ride, and she runs great, pulls hard, this one didn't take much to bring back to life at all. Still need to do fork seals, but this will be the 3rd VMAX in a row I've had to do fork seals on, so I'm getting to be a pro at that too! Will probably be listing this one for sale in a couple weeks, need to detail it, probably going to install a V-boost switch, a few cosmetic farkles. Will post it up here first when it done, probably going to be asking in the 4K range for it!

Texas, you Da man! I'm glad we don't live closer cause you'd be pissing me off getting all those smoking deals on Maxes! It's bad enough living as close as I do to CaptainKyle but it has its good points too. I was able to score a little parts deal yesterday.
I wanted to ask you. Is it hard to spend good money on parts on a bike that you just got a screaming deal on? I mean it would kill to have spend $300-400 bucks on carb parts and the like when you got a whole damn bike for not much more! Just saying Bro but I see the big picture. Thanks for sharing!

Back