new addition to the family

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bawls

Reaction score
He's a little malnourished from the guy that had him before us, but that's all going to change now that he's with a loving family that is actually going to take care of him. So far he's loving having all of the attention and was really excited to run with me tonight.

Here he is... our brand new used 2yr old brindle boxer :). Sure he runs in his sleep and needs to gain some weight, but hey. We've all got our faults lol.

IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

He's going to be your best friend for the rest of his life.:thumbs up:

Remember....and this goes for most things in life, dogs, bike etc......what some people call faults, others call character.

Looks like a true friend for sure! Boxers are high energy, but looks like you have it under control with the running. How far are you going with him? I used to run back in college and I'm trying to get back into it a little to lose a few pounds and to get some energy back.

Good for you Bawls!!! He's all set now, great home, loving family, chewy toy.....even got his own halloween woobie!! Way to go!!! :clapping:

Nice lookin dog. I have two female boxers now, a fawn and a brindle. They are great dogs and love to run and play!

Attachments

• Snicker (Small).jpg
    Snicker (Small).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
  • bob 008 (Small).jpg
    bob 008 (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5
i usually do 4 miles on the chip trail in the morning and then 1.5 fast miles on the grass around the park in the evening for time. Sometimes i'll run to the park and do my workout so it adds an extra mile each way. If i'm feeling really froggy i go down to the beach and do 6 miles, but i think that the dog beach here is only about a mile long so i would have to do lots of laps lol.

I was awakened at 5:30AM this morning by a boxer licking my head trying to get me to wake up so that I would take him outside lol. I was really proud of him since he lived in a kennel and in a guys gravel and concrete back yard his whole life. I've had a lot of dogs growing up. labs, mastiffs, a charpei/german shepard mix, and a couple of pit bulls that we used to hog hunt with and I can honestly say that Maxton is the most willing to please of any dog I've owned.

I was joking about the fault thing earlier because i was sitting there watching him run full speed in his sleep while laying on his side lol. The tool bag that owned him before us never even gave him a name. He said that he had had a few different girl friends that all called him different names and that he never responded to any of them and was probably not trainable because he isn't very smart. I'm glad to have ownership of him now, because he is very eager to learn. My wife just about shit a chicken when she found out that i wanted to name him after a Land Speed event that could be shortened to Max lol :p.

great to hear man. also glad he's showing signs of love towards ya

sweet man congats on the new pooch.....sounds like hes gonna have a life with ya'll :)

Good on you! and congrats on the new member of the family, don't think that he dosn't appretiate all you've done. I've always believed in adoption. My last three were adoptions from abusive homes.

Heres a before and after of my husky Bill.

Attachments

• Bill3.jpg
    Bill3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 9
  • bill_bone1.jpg
    bill_bone1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 9
  • Bill2.jpg
    Bill2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
Good on you! and congrats on the new member of the family, don't think that he dosn't appretiate all you've done. I've always believed in adoption. My last three were adoptions from abusive homes.

Heres a before and after of my husky Bill.

Love that last pic of Bill!! He's like....yup, this's my home, and yup, I'll rip yer friggin' throat out if you mess with it!!

I think every dog I've ever had has been a shelter dog, or adopted in some way! Every cat too! They always seem to make the best and most loyal pets! And that's certainly understandable!

My daughter, God bless her, apluspetnanny.com , just took in another stray. The wife & I swore we were done with pets for a looong time - except for Dave the fish - and now we're kickin' around the idea of taking in another dog. I know that strays are a dime-a-dozen & there are millions that need a home - we were looking forward to a future with no pets holding us back now that our kids are grown. Don't know what the hell to do - I love dogs & cats, but it's a long commitment when you take one in. Maybe she'll find somebody else to take him before she comes home this weekend. If she brings the latest mutt to my house I don't think I could say no. I guess you never stop adding to the family...:ummm:

Latest posts

Back