New England ride 7/17

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAMN...just found out I've got a family commitment on the 17th...any chance we can move this ahead a week ? That would make it the 24th .:bang head:

I am in Mansfield, MA which is Exit 7 off 495 and would be able to make a ride on the 17th. The 24th I cannot. So what/where is the latest plan to meet up?

I understand , this thing popped up at the last minute for me and I wish it didn't . If it's better for everybody to do the 17th then by all means go with it . I WILL get in a ride with youz guyz one way or the other this summer...:bang head:

maybe we can do both. yeah Steve we will ride again soon. I ordered my coils and harness from Gannon today so when they come in we will hook up so you can help me ;)

How about a vote for the 24th or the 17th. Since we anounced the 17th first, I have to say the 17th gets my vote.
Steve-o
Still want to hook up with ya for a ride O.T.

Yeah, I gotta say the 17th for the same reason....maybe use the 24th as a rain date???....:confused2:

I am in Mansfield, MA which is Exit 7 off 495 and would be able to make a ride on the 17th. The 24th I cannot. So what/where is the latest plan to meet up?

my girlfriend at the time, wife now used to work at knockouts in mansfield, i'm right up the rd in franklin. we could easily meet here.

my girlfriend at the time, wife now used to work at knockouts in mansfield, i'm right up the rd in franklin. we could easily meet here.

The one across from the School Street Shops? Thought that was fairly new in town, within the last two years anyway. Meet you at The Rome Restaurant. :)

I must be stuck in reality-mode these days more than ever.....I missed this entire thread until just now.......Too busy riding/working to spend as much time here as in the winter months....no-doubt....

No. Ludlow, MA I-90 exit is #6 for the Cumberland Farms. And may I make a suggestion?? I was thinking last time we met there........When we meet for future rides we should probably use the Pride station on the right (as you exit the highway ramp) because:

1.) It's a much larger parking lot with less activity and potential for dealing with cars & I think has more shady spots.

2.) When we leave for the Quabbin area we don't need to cut traffic or wait for the traffic light (especially with more than just a couple of bikes).....just a thought.....

With that said......I have to see if I can get a family function moved from that date myself so I can go......standby.....i'll let you all know........

Last weekend I went for a bike ride from Mansfield > Northampton > Amherst > Belchertown > Wilbraham > Mansfield. I had a job to look at in Northampton and have family and grew up in Wilbraham. When I went to the Quabbin main entrance to take a quick ride over the causeway and up to the top of the mountain I find out they closed off the causeway to traffic! Seriously bummed as I used to take that ride countless number of times a year many years ago. So how do you get to the top of the mountain at the Quabbin now? Is there another entrance other than the main one off Route 9?

I also found that going from Mansfield to Northampton by 495 > Pike > 91 is not my cup of tea so to speak. The less highway driving the better.

I must be stuck in reality-mode these days more than ever.....I missed this entire thread until just now.......Too busy riding/working to spend as much time here as in the winter months....no-doubt....

No. Ludlow, MA I-90 exit is #6 for the Cumberland Farms. And may I make a suggestion?? I was thinking last time we met there........When we meet for future rides we should probably use the Pride station on the right (as you exit the highway ramp) because:

1.) It's a much larger parking lot with less activity and potential for dealing with cars & I think has more shady spots.

2.) When we leave for the Quabbin area we don't need to cut traffic or wait for the traffic light (especially with more than just a couple of bikes).....just a thought.....

With that said......I have to see if I can get a family function moved from that date myself so I can go......standby.....i'll let you all know........

Exit 6 it is then!

Pride station sounds plenty easy to find!

Mike, kinda figuring on you to lead the pack man, hope you can resched. the other committment.

just so i can find the fastest route to the meeting place, i cant find exit 6 on mapquest. is there something around i can use to map out my directions, a town or shop you guys know of i can punch into the computer before i decide to punch it lol.

Exit 6 off the Mass Pike is in Chicopee and is the I-291 exit. I believe the gas station is across from the Econo Lodge at 357 Burnett Road, Chicopee, MA. Get off Pike and take a right and the gas station is 500 yards on the right.

Edit: Posted at same time as above post. But if you need gas off Exit 6, well there ya go....

Latest posts

Back