new led tail light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used 3m tape the kind they put body molding on cars with
this is only till i come up with a mount

This happened to me back in the chopper days but what got sucked in was a USN gas mask bag with some cheap rain pants and my lunch inside....too big to get under the fender so it wedged there locking up the rear wheel!

After 100' - 150' I couldn't hold it any more and went down HARD!! :bang head:

Be very careful about may get between the rear tire and the fender!! :punk:

Nice looking lights tho!!

holy dan-O that must have been one hell of a sandwich you had packed in there to stop the wheel haahahahaha:rofl_200:

friggen sweet!! How did you hard mount it to your fender? I bought another LED/license plate for mine, but may consider switching over to this and place my tag on my axle area.

I just ordered the clear one as I needed new rear signals and wanted to upgrade the brake light. I will post some pics as soon as I get it put together as well as any mounting ideas. I still have the inner fender, so that might make a difference.

Thanks for the great link and pics Jacovii!

well I received the new light in the mail yesterday and started taking apart the old unit and mount. Long story short, I was able to make a mounting flange on the inner fender and the light really fits very well. :punk::punk::punk: I will post some pics of how I did it tomorrow hopefully. The light looks and works great! I even came up with a way to mount my license plate right up underneath of it. The back of the bike looks 100X better now. I would call this one a definate success! :eusa_dance:

I'm very interested to see how to use this light and mount the plate underneath it. I don't really want to have to mount my plate to the swingarm, that look just doesn't do it for me.

Back