VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newride88

Reaction score
I know bleeding has been covered a few times and I've read all I can find...

I have just replaced both master cylinders, brake & clutch with OEM's and replaced the lines with braided lines. Initially I couldn't get pressure in either lever. I eventually got the clutch working after starting the bike and letting it run a while, then rebleeding.... but the brake lever is causing me grief.
I've bled through almost a bottle of fluid, and the entire time it's pumping nice clean fluid - no bubbles, but STILL no pressure in the lever and no movement at the pads :ummm:

Any ideas from the experts out there?

How are you bleeding them? Manually or with a mity-vac? I have never had luck with the mity-vac, never gets all the air out like manual bleeding does.

Use a rubber mallet to beat on the calipers and/or masters as you steer from side to side and pump lever at the same time..helps dislodge bubbles. Then pull lever and tie it overnight, bleed it next day

If you are just doing it manually i tend to do it like a car. Dont pull too fast on the lever as this will cause bubbles, go three times hold and then crack bleed screw, once lever all the way down close bleeder and then again pump three times and repeat. remember nice and slow. My clutch bleeding did take a while but patients and it will work fine. i did hold the lever about half way and tap and you can see ever so tiny bubbles come out. I also left the bleed screw open for a few hours with a hose to help gravity bleed then came back did a final bleed with lever and works perfect. give that a try and see.
a syringe reverse bleed for sure will make it a lot fast for you.

Use a rubber mallet to beat on the calipers and/or masters as you steer from side to side and pump lever at the same time..helps dislodge bubbles. Then pull lever and tie it overnight, bleed it next day

When You do this with the clutch You will find the fluid spiled over floor at the mornig...that was the scenario in my garage...

Thanks for all the ideas.... I've been bleeding manually.... I'll give some of these things a go, fingers crossed!
I'm busting to ride again.....

Thanks heaps

I had this very same thing happen to me this weekend. I had taken the calipers off to clean the gunk out of them and put new pads on all the way around, and the fluid leaked out of the whole system while I had the lines apart. I had to walk away and do yard work in order to prevent me from throwing wrenches. Air in brake lines can be a royal P.I.T.A. sometimes.

After I came back to it, I pulled the brake lever ever so slowly and watched as the freakin' air bubbles FINALLY came up out of there. I pulled SLOWLY, and LOTS OF TIMES. Finally got a good feel out of the lever and re-bled down to both sides of calipers and called it good.

I think I may try tying the lever back next time to see if that works any faster.

Latest posts

Back