VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesengland

Reaction score
Hi Folks. I just registered today . I sold my Yamaha XS1100 and HOnda GL1000 this week and will be taking delivery of V-Boost V-Max 1200 this Friday. I'm in the UK, where the V-max was restricted until 1996. I've arranged to buy this bike.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150711550119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I thought I would introduce myself to everyone and, initially at least, benefit from and maybe even contribute to, the wealth of information and experience re these bikes!

James

Wecome James, a VMAX is definately its own animal. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do here.:punk:

Welcome to the gang, grats on getting your max, looks nice. When will you get it?
Being delivered Friday. They assure me it's a 2000, unrestricted model at 145+ BHP. I bought a Haynes manual and read that, on switching on, I should hear the V-Boost valve servo open, then close the valves in the inlet system.... correct? Because we had the restricted (only 95bhp) version in the UK, I want to make sure that the bike has been described correctly. So, apart from the supposed whirring of the servo, is there anything else I should look out for? A big badge that says 145bhp V-Boost would be handy but I don't suppose there is one....?

Don't worry, the cycling of the vboost servo is very distinct and noticeable. You will probably also hear another sound at the same time, your fuel pump filling the carb bowls. Welcome to the funhouse.

Don't worry, the cycling of the vboost servo is very distinct and noticeable. You will probably also hear another sound at the same time, your fuel pump filling the carb bowls. Welcome to the funhouse.

It is loud enough to hear. When you turn the key into the on position, the sound will start coming from under the front of faux tank near the water gauge. The V boost in mount under that. And you will feel the extra when it comes on at or around 6k on the tach. :biglaugh:It is a fun feeling too. Enjoy the fun, ride safe.

Last edited:
Hi Folks. I just registered today . I sold my Yamaha XS1100 and HOnda GL1000 this week and will be taking delivery of V-Boost V-Max 1200 this Friday. I'm in the UK, where the V-max was restricted until 1996. I've arranged to buy this bike.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150711550119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I thought I would introduce myself to everyone and, initially at least, benefit from and maybe even contribute to, the wealth of information and experience re these bikes!

James

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum. Although, I believe this is the best and most active/helpfull Vmax forum. Another good forum is http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk
You may also want to join it, for some local sources and help.

Cheers

Excellent, chaps! Thank you very much. What a really friendly and helpful welcome you've extended to me. I love the video clip of the 'weet weet'.....who needs a badge with a tweet under the lid? I'll makes sure I hear that on Friday. All being well, and the bike being as nice as they say it is, I'll be able to post a some pix on Friday.

Until now, I've mainly ridden the old XS1100's, one with nitrous oxide, and I fully restored one from 1982. I sold it this week though, after a couple of years, in a quest for more BHP and something not quite so old. Here's a photo of it...

101A5307.jpg

I'm sad to see it go but had a GL1000 at the same time, also now sold. I find more than one bike at a time isn't for me!

101A5312-1.jpg

Welcome James! Your XS sure was nicely restored! I'm sure you'll find in the Vmax the BHP you were looking for! :punk:

Brain, Do any of us ever REALLY find the BHP were looking for:confused2:,350 miles on percie and Im thinkin:ummm:

Brain, Do any of us ever REALLY find the BHP were looking for:confused2:,350 miles on percie and Im thinkin:ummm:
I suppose not, and WTH man, Percie is not even broken in yet!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Get him broken in, burn off a tire or 2 then give a call to the Guru!

Back