New to me Max!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanMax

Reaction score
Story behind this one...... A Drag racing buddy of mine was looking for a 2009 VMAX on the star vmax fourm when he recived an offer to buy this 1998. He bought it, rode it for a week, decided it wasn't what he was looking for. But it was everything i was looking for! Short list of mods include UFO Vgas carbs and fork brace, Kerker 4 into 1 with comp baffle, braided brake and clutch lines, over racing rear sets, stock and corbin seats and full sets of black and 05 special edition red body work. 17,000 miles and a claimed 128 HP (Dyno sheet could not be found so it is not proven) Really wish i could have had this in the summer!

Attachments

• IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4524.jpg
    IMG_4524.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 74
how does it feel on take off??? I hear CONSTANTLY that those V-Gas carbs bog on launches,what do YOU think?

Aside from my carb question,it looks great! 17,000 miles is barely broken in!I like that wind screen too!

how does it feel on take off??? I hear CONSTANTLY that those V-Gas carbs bog on launches,what do YOU think?

!
It does bog somewhat on launch, but if the clutch is slipped a little more than usual it dosn't happen so bad. now if i could only get people to stop asking me why they click at idle:eusa_dance:

sweet man congrats :punk:......you heading to the 2010 brownie run, love to see the bike.
oh ya wanna sell the corbin and body panels:hmmm:

sweet man congrats :punk:......you heading to the 2010 brownie run, love to see the bike.
oh ya wanna sell the corbin and body panels:hmmm:
Just joined the group, looks like fun! Going to keep the panels and seat for now, sorry

very nice. i like the windshield too, very nice and different. any idea which make/model?

Just joined the group, looks like fun! Going to keep the panels and seat for now, sorry
sweet, thought id try for the panels hahahah.

how do you like those mirrors on there??? see well in them.

sweet, thought id try for the panels hahahah.

how do you like those mirrors on there??? see well in them.
I have a very good view of my sholders and elbows:biglaugh: other than that there useless. look nice though

VERY nice ride.......and yes......it's going to be an extra long winter just for you.......
Your not to far away so my extra long winter is going to be your extra long winter too. lol sorry! Thanks for the compliments!

Wow! That's a great looking bike. Wish that was near me when I was looking. I would have pounced on it.
the guy i bought it off of also has a Rocket III. Said the rocket felt faster, but he was only a tenth faster in the 1/4 over my 96 VMax with 50k on it. He has sence bought a BKing so i think he's got me there lol

Having both, I would say that they are VERY EQUAL. Both are a hell of a lot of fun. Now the super charger on mine makes it way faster than the max, and faster than the b-king and busa up to about 100.

I made a couple of max'ers feel bad when I was out looking to buy my max. I had them drive theirs and I drove mine ... I didn't tell them it was hopped up, but they figured it out.

All that said, my max is obviously NOT supercharged, and I still think it is a blast to ride.

Back