New to the Vmax and the Forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdk203

Reaction score
So Ive been dying to get my hands on a bigger bike for a while. So a couple months ago I decided to sell my Virago and save for a bigger bike. I was sort of pushed a little by my best friends upgrade to a V Rod. So I set out to find something affordable (wife wont go for payments) and powerful. After some research I knew the perfect bike for me was the V Max! Ive always loved the look, now it was just a matter of finding one in my budget after searching for months and talking considering a few. I found just the right one and bought it! I was a little unsure at first because of some of the mods it already has. After a test ride and knowing I had the cash to seal the deal in my pocket I just couldn't walk away from it. The bike is an absolute beast! I has some mods I like; exhaust, Tokico brakes up front, Drag bars, extended swing arm, red powder coat wheels, white walls, corbin seat and some others that arent coming to mind right now. Also some I dont; chopped up handlebar risers :ummm:, front blinkers gone, tailight moved up to the reflector above the fender. That said all in all I love this thing. Unfortunately it did spend some of its life stored outside and the tank and fenders were rattle canned. So over the winter I have plans of getting it all cleaned up. For now I'm just enjoying it while the weather holds up here in New Jersey. The only picture I have is a cell phone picture. But if I get a chance I wanna snap some better photos some day soon.

Just wanted to come and say hi. Im sure Ill have tons of questions over the winter as I work through some of the changes.
Vmax.jpg

Welcome! That looks like a great ride, if very low. Congrats, you've found the best Vmax forum online - so many great people, knowledge and help available here.

congrads indeed. that front end looks a little different, can u get some better pics of it. also whats under the instrument cluster?

Welcome to the forums!

You are also not that far from me. Possibly hook up for a ride sometime.

Hi JDK,
Welcom to the best V-Max forum on the WWW. All questions can be answered here. So, of course, here's one for you------What kind of pipes are on the bike???
Lew

Welcome!
You'll find this forum incredibly helpful.
Your wheels are very different. Can't say I have seen white walls on the max yet.
Post up, ask questions - and you'll likely find all the vmax related answers you can shake a stick at!

Hello and welcome from So.Cal.
That bike looks sick, I also have never seen a max with white walls but it gives it that vintage hot rod look :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
It`s definately an original and I would not change a thing.
I hope you get it all dialed in and running great cause these are fun bikes to ride and are loaded with power.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

Welcome!!!!!

Be careful the first few rides....

Now we have 2 with red wheels....RaWarrior has red wheels like you.....

But no white walls....

I am also curious about the pipes:confused2:

:welcome_sign:! Congrats on the new ride! I'm also curious as to the exhaust make and what is on the faux tank.

I dont think the exhaust is UFO but its similar to the streetpro slash cut. Its just slip on so nothing too fancy. Also the mirror is kind of like an illusion and appears to be on the tank. Really nothing below the instruments though. I love the red wheels and white walls and dont plan on changing them. It gives it a different look then the rest. Ill try and get better pictures of the front end and post them up in the near future as Im curious if its all factory myself. Oh and Im up for a ride sometime I was actually wondering if there are any Vmax meets in the area? I know theres usually a good turnout at thunder in the valley. Thanks everyone.

nice wheels dude, welcome aboard, hopefully get to see your machine in person one day at a ride, looks neat.

Yeaht thats no joke the Virago was an ok bike but it doesn't compare to the max on any level.

My vote on the exhaust is UFO 4-2 slash cut.

I saw that bike on CL a while ago. Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the bike.

Thanks and yeah I got found it on Craigslist but didn't have enough dough and managed to scrape up enough to pick it up after a couple months. I think I was pretty lucky and got it for a fair price.

Latest posts

Back