NFL Lounge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pat's D will be key in this game, if they can get to/ move Mahomes enough to keep him from getting comfortable. He will still make some plays while moving but not as much if he has time to survey and throw to Hill. Brady will get his team down the field because the Chiefs defense is beatable I believe. As usual he will have a mix match group of players, Gronk is a step or two slower these days but he has Edelman who is a tough SOB that can catch/ hold the ball to keep drives moving. One bright spot last week was Michele/ White, they could prove to be key in keeping the Chiefs defensive line off balance enough to give Brady some precious time to keep his eyes downfield.
Here is a quote from SBNation: "A key to beating the Chiefs, or keeping the game close, is not getting away from your game plan when things go awry, like being down early. Running the ball against the Chiefs is the key to victory. The Chiefs defense, which has its weaknesses, can still rush the passer extremely well. When you’re not running the football well, it leads to longer third downs, which tends to favor an excellent pass rush."
That being said the Pats are on the road which has been a issue this season, Belichick and Brady will have to summon all of their magic for this game.

I think the chiefs defense will bring it like they did last week against a what was hot colts team. Should be a great game. Of course Brady pulling out a win definitely wouldn’t surprise me.

I see the Saints winning against the Rams. Being at home is the key advantage. Chiefs, Patriots... wow... 3 weeks ago I didn't even think the Pats would make it to the play offs. Then they put a beating on the Chargers. If Brady can sit in the pocket, and the Pats defence show up, I see them taking it like they did earlier in the year. But its a road game for the Pats... too hard to call!!

The Saints could have used that blatant interference call the Refs missed, I don't think the Rams will have enough against the winner of the AFC game.
KC is having some issues here in first quarter...

As Tony Romo said "Can you believe it" and then Brady to Gronk at the Chiefs 4 yard line! The run for a touchdown seemed almost anticlimactic. 39 seconds! Mahonnes brings them back close enough for a FG to tie the game! OT we go!

And there we go! Patriots back in the SB, the Chiefs are a great team just came up a little short to Terrific Tom and the Patriots.

What a game. That coin flip was critical in OT. I think kc wins in similar fashion if they get the ball. Anyway, go Rams. Should be a good super bowl. Pats shouldn’t be able to run on the Rams like they did today to kc.

Well I was 0 for 2 today. Both great games.

Too-bad for the Saints they didn't have that interference call, but you can't count-on the refs to catch everything.

Their blaming the Side judge ref (played for the Rams in the past from what a friend showed me), the ref in the end zone could of also made the call. I feel bad for Brees, he won't get many more chances at a SB ring.

What a game. That coin flip was critical in OT. I think kc wins in similar fashion if they get the ball. Anyway, go Rams. Should be a good super bowl. Pats shouldn’t be able to run on the Rams like they did today to kc.
The coin flip call by the Pats was an emphatic yes! Belichek has some time to scheme for their defense, his team is a playoff experienced team, something like 136 games worth of experience so I will stick with the Pats to win. Even if they have a hard time running he'll just use the back to block to give Tom more time to throw! Should be a great game!

Rams were 1 of the worst teams against the run during the regular season. Over 5 yards allowed per run. They tightened it up a bit during the playoffs but Patriots are the best for exploiting your weakness. Rams need to keep Brady from sitting in the pocket.

Rams were 1 of the worst teams against the run during the regular season. Over 5 yards allowed per run. They tightened it up a bit during the playoffs but Patriots are the best for exploiting your weakness. Rams need to keep Brady from sitting in the pocket.
I didn’t realize that stat. The pats are definitely capable of slowing the game down control the clock and grind em like the first half of the kc game. I’m hoping Donald and suh don’t allow that though. And like you said keep Brady from sitting in the pocket.
I’m gunna go out on a limb and say Rams win 30-28. Rams with a second half comeback rally. Brandon cooks mvp with a breakout 2td 150 yard game.

Go Rams

Just brought-home a new Samsung 65" TV from Costco as our 50" went-out after a power outage. Ready for the Big One.

I am not a fan of Parcells and Brady. Tom should have gotten an Emmy for his acting on that roughing the passer call late in the game. Like Edelmann's thumbs missed the ball, so-did the defensive player's arm miss Tommie's helmet and head.
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1087173656151814144

Just brought-home a new Samsung 65" TV from Costco as our 50" went-out after a power outage. Ready for the Big One.

I am not a fan of Parcells and Brady. Tom should have gotten an Emmy for his acting on that roughing the passer call late in the game. Like Edelmann's thumbs missed the ball, so-did the defensive player's arm miss Tommie's helmet and head.
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1087173656151814144

That would have brought on fourth and long too. Almost as bad as the no call in the saints game. Hopefully the refs get it together for the SB. Enjoy the new tube. I think I’m due for a new one soon I’m running a 8 year old 42”, practically an antique in the tv world.

I gotta admire the accomplishments of Brady, the Coach, and the team, buy you would think that with all the talent and experience they'd be able to win without issues like Spygate, Deflategate, and Gronk's cheap-shots on other players. They should just be having the typical NFL "wives enraged their spouses have fathered a love-chile," DUI's, bar fights, politically-incorrect tweets, expensive autos wrecked, in-public spousal physical altercations, etc.

Boston loves 'em, because they usually-win when they have-to. I'm partial to MI roots, as I have some, as-does Tommie, but the deference in officiating to apparently-advance the team just isn't right. They have enough talent they should be able to move-up on their own. As we saw this past weekend, poor officiating can decide who advances, instead of letting the players do that.

That would have brought on fourth and long too. Almost as bad as the no call in the saints game. Hopefully the refs get it together for the SB. Enjoy the new tube. I think I’m due for a new one soon I’m running a 8 year old 42”, practically an antique in the tv world.
That would have brought on 3rd and 7. It was called on 2nd down. They had a good replay after the call showing Brady's helmet moving. I wouldn't call it roughing but any contact with the helmet is called. You can thank Aaron Rodgers for creating that penalty. I dont see the roughing call as hurting the Chiefs. It still left the Pats with 2 downs and seeing how the Pats completed 3 or 4 3rd and long in OT, I believe the result would have been the same. The first half kept the Chiefs D on the field for too long and I think they were spent. I dont know why Reid take some time outs in OT especially on the 2 yard line before the final score.

That would have brought on 3rd and 7. It was called on 2nd down. They had a good replay after the call showing Brady's helmet moving. I wouldn't call it roughing but any contact with the helmet is called. You can thank Aaron Rodgers for creating that penalty. I dont see the roughing call as hurting the Chiefs. It still left the Pats with 2 downs and seeing how the Pats completed 3 or 4 3rd and long in OT, I believe the result would have been the same. The first half kept the Chiefs D on the field for too long and I think they were spent. I dont know why Reid take some time outs in OT especially on the 2 yard line before the final score.
Ahhhh, so when it showed 3rd and 7 that was after the play. I was thinking it was on 3rd. And you are 100% about the pats most likely picking up the first anyway.

Well congrats Patriots, pretty incredible accomplishment. Not the best game to watch, especially after such exciting nfc and afc championship games, but hats off to the pats. Holding the Rams offense to 3 points is a damn good showing. If you told me that the Rams were gunna hold the pats to 13, I would have thought for sure the Rams would win. Good defensive game for both teams but the goat prevails, again.

That was the classic defensive battle. Honestly, I didn't think the Patriots had a defense that good! I was surprised how they shut down the run game and blitz the QB like crazy. I figured the blitzing part as Belicheck like to do that to all new QBs, but they also put up a great run stopping game. I knew Wade would come up with a great defense and he did.

With the Patriot defense, it's scheme over talent. 1 Pro-Bowler on the whole defense and two D tackles that most likely won't stick around. Brown & Shelton. Bellichick sent van Noy and Hightower after Goff so much he was hearing footsteps even when they didn't get to him. Jason McCorty made the save of the game, sprinting down field to break up a aTD catch. If I were the Rams I'd have tripple covered Edelman...lol. Their 12 draft picks in the first 4 rounds could make this team better for 2019. Go Pat's!

Back