Nitrogen vrs. Air

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you guys prefer to use nitrogen instead of air in your tires? :confused2:

Anybody use nitrogen in your forks ?

I don't in the tires or the forks; from what I've seen in the consumer shows I think N2 in tires is mostly hype with benefits mostly undetectable by the average guy.

One benefit I've heard; (I think) is that N2 doesn't leak throuugh the rubber carcass like air but I hope all of us are checking thier tire pressure often enough to where that would not be an issue.

It also may not expand as much and raise pressures when hot like air does but once again I am not sure about that.

Rusty

No air or nitrogen at all in the forks (or tires). I don't bother in the tires either since they aren't on there all that long for me.

Sean Morley

That just reminds me, I need to take the winter air out of my tires and put in spring air. :rofl_200:

when I wanna show off I put helium in the front tire this way I can do longer wheelies.

That just reminds me, I need to take the winter air out of my tires and put in spring air. :rofl_200:

when I wanna show off I put helium in the front tire this way I can do longer wheelies.

You forgot that helium in the tires makes your ride lighter thus giving you quicker ET's.

lol, that reminds me when the NFL investigated Raiders' punter Ray Guy about putting helium in the football giving him longer punts and hangtime.

IMO, just pay attention to the air that you get from the local filling station or your kid's bicycle pump.

Here is a article that should halp a little:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/070216.html

Funnyguys ! :biglaugh:

I know that the changing temperatures won't effect the nitrogen as it does with air - I was just wondering if any of you guys tried it, btw - and if you want your bike to stink as you wizz past the crowd, use methane ! Shoots good blue flammers too. :rocket bike:

I read it and others after I googled it - it seems like a 50/50 issue.

I use nitrogen in my tires... I kind of have a hookup though and get all the free nitrogen I want...

I just have a 80c.f. cylinder in my garage that I have a regulator and line on. Works great and tire pressures don't vary as much from cold to hot due to the lack of moisture.

:thumbs up:

Funnyguys ! :biglaugh:

I know that the changing temperatures won't effect the nitrogen as it does with air - I was just wondering if any of you guys tried it, btw - and if you want your bike to stink as you wizz past the crowd, use methane ! Shoots good blue flammers too. :rocket bike:

I read it and others after I googled it - it seems like a 50/50 issue.

I was at the filling station today and spoke with one of the guys there. They just started doing the nitrogen thing up here. He was happy with it, he says it holds pressure better in the cold winter temps we get here. Other then that he really didn't have much to say about it.

ALL OF THE GUYS AT THE STOCK CAR TRACK USE IT, THEY SAY IT DOES'NT EXSPANED LIKE AIR DOES,WHEN THE TIRES GET HOT, KEEPING THE CAR HANDLING BETTER, & ON THE NEW CARS WITH AIR PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS YOUR SUPPOSED TO USE NITROGEN, TO KEEP THE TIRE PRESSURE WITHIN SPEC'S! SO THE TIRE PRESSURE WARNING LIGHT DOESENT COME ON !!!

I've got it mine
You've got in your's
Everybodies got in their's

at least 78% anyway :rofl_200:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air

we use it at work it's very dry and very dangerous

albran

I was going to say something earlier, but I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade.
I hope people arent spending to much money on that extra 32% nitrogen they're getting.

:icon_rolleyes:

Back