Nitrous for Mr. Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawn kloker said:
That's funny that John would say the stock rods are very good.From what I have heard a few good missed shifts or over revs can take the rods out very easily.

Sean haven't you had a lot of rod problems over the years?Stretched or out of round pin ends?

John did mention that a lot of hard high revving operation could "oval" the piston ends of the rods but that they were hard to break.
Myself I dunno??

When I tore into my engine to bore it out and have the tranny backcut I noticed that I had 3- fk11 rods and 1-fk13 rod in it.I could also tell that the motor had been apart before.I have no idea of the history of it before it was mine.The rods looked fine and I had them checked out before putting the motor together again.No problems yet,I even was having trouble for a little while at the strip missing second gear wide open till I converted the gear selector segment to the new improved design.Talk about embarassing.I saw no signs of an internal rev limiter in my ignition after reving it to the mooooooon a few times.

shawn kloker said:
When I tore into my engine to bore it out and have the tranny backcut I noticed that I had 3- fk11 rods and 1-fk13 rod in it.I could also tell that the motor had been apart before.I have no idea of the history of it before it was mine.The rods looked fine and I had them checked out before putting the motor together again.No problems yet,I even was having trouble for a little while at the strip missing second gear wide open till I converted the gear selector segment to the new improved design.Talk about embarassing.I saw no signs of an internal rev limiter in my ignition after reving it to the mooooooon a few times.

That's one thing I do like about my dyna 3000. It has an adjustable rev-limiter and it defintely works. I've missed enough shifts to feel that a rev-limiter is mandatory on anything your gonna run down the strip.
Since I went with rearsets and converted the shift pattern to a reverse shift I've never missed one, it's a lot easier/quicker to get my feet in place for that first 1-2 shift also..

I have a dyna now that needs put in.I like how it has the 2stage being an 88 analog ignition.I also have my airshifter now too.Should make it way easier to get down the strip.

shawn kloker said:
I have a dyna now that needs put in.I like how it has the 2stage being an 88 analog ignition.I also have my airshifter now too.Should make it way easier to get down the strip.

Yeah Shawn, I was under the impression up when I bought mine that it had a "switchable" full retard mode that could be activated through a separate input. I wanted the full retard mode for eventual blower/nitrous use. On mine the full retard mode is just another setting like the rest.
I guess your saying the earlier analog units do have this feature?
Turns out the retard maybe isn't needed for nitrous and apparently Blowers for the max are just a figment of our imagination LOL

Latest posts

Back