Now this Harley has some HP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what kind of HP do you think one could get from the same money in a VMAX?

Pretty sure the Destroyer was a factory race-only bike and isn't street legal "officially".

Don't know.....I just posted a link to a decent looking and performing Harley, something I don't see everyday.

Someone send him a note not to challenge many stock gen 2 vmax's to any dyno sessions. And for sure not one with decent pipe and chip.

Sean

For that kind of money with a gen1 you're talking this kind of a bike!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOMn04eDlok

Yes, I would agree with that. But, dump the same amount of money in a modern sportbike and see what you get. Double the HP of either of these and you would be about right.

Both the vmax and HD's are old designs, outdated, ill handling machines. You can buy newer bikes that are cheaper, faster, better handling, lighter, and yield more HP/$ spent then either.

Its not about that. Its not about the kind of bike you drive. Its about owning a bike that drives YOU.

Yes, I would agree with that. But, dump the same amount of money in a modern sportbike and see what you get. Double the HP of either of these and you would be about right.

Both the vmax and HD's are old designs, outdated, ill handling machines. You can buy newer bikes that are cheaper, faster, better handling, lighter, and yield more HP/$ spent then either.

Its not about that. Its not about the kind of bike you drive. Its about owning a bike that drives YOU.

Well said..........and agreed!

Yeah, if you really want to compare apples and oranges, you can get a BMW S1000 for around $13k that puts 190hp to the tire, bone stock. That's bumped easily over 200 with bolt-ons and chips. So if "horsepower per dollar" is your top concern, then there ya go.

But 203hp/143 torque? Wowza. Wonder if a mill like that is still reliable(ok for daily driving), or if it's really a track-only sort of thing.

I was watching a pass time marathon, the other day, when non other than George Bryce rode up on a stock looking bagger (if you overlook the Star racing decals on the bags) with a 145ci /200 rwhp power plant.
It was pretty cool. not to mention totally evil sounding; he launched kinda weak IMO, but then again he was feathering cause the front started to lift. then he went to 11 o'clock on the shift to second, carried the front til third, then still managed a 10.90 out of the deal.
I love seeing big bikes to shit like that, no matter who made it. :clapping:

Recently Star Racing’s George Bryce took part in a taping of the SPEED Channel’s popular show, Pass Time, at South Georgia Motorsports Park in Valdosta, Ga.
After a John Force-esque burnout, Bryce motored his V-twin to an elapsed-time of 10.91.
“I pulled a big second-gear wheelie all the way to the 330′ clocks,” Bryce said. “It was awesome.”

Here is the full story from thier website: http://www.starracing.com/documents/PassTime2010.pdf

http://www.starracing.com/photos.php

Attachments

• bryce1.jpg
    bryce1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 24

Very well said!

for 13k id have a twin turbo vmax/supercharged max making 400+++++ lol

HD Destroyer is orange/black and comes with wheelie, oops "traction" bars. It is purpose built "drag" bike that would be damn hard to make road ready. I do not know that it can't be registered for the street. They are 28k or so to buy so this guy is right there in power for near half the price. I couldn't tell if he has a wide tire on back but don't they come stock with a 240 or something like that? Gimme Rick Rash's Tourmaster Max for 10k before getting this this thing. My opinion is worth about two cents if that!

The Vrod is not a bad bike at all just not as comfortable as the Max to me. They are pretty tuff when I worked at Harley you very rarely had one come in with problems. They are kind of a breed of there own the true Harley guys dont like them & the metric guys rag on them because they say Harley on them. All in all they are a decent metric bike with a Harley name on them. This hopped up Vrod is probably still very streetable & just as dependable as out Max.

Back