OEM vs Aftermarket Throttle Cables

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybergrizzly

Reaction score
I need to replace my throttle cables (push & pull). I can find a new OEM set for about less than $30 in Ebay. Is there any advantage to go for aftermarket cables?

Thanks.

New for 30 I'd say go for it. I've used motion pro and worked jut fine also.

Mmmmm, forgot about the junction box or so called Throttle Cylinder. Let me ask the Ebay Seller if he is selling only up to the junction box or the complete lines pass the junction box up to the carb. First time trying to replace the throttle cables.

I'll be back with more info. I understand Sean also sells throttle cables? Sean, please PM me.

Attachments

• Vmax Throttle.jpg
    Vmax Throttle.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 21
If I understand correctly, from the service manual diagram the actual push and pull throttle cables consist of 4 pieces? Is this why DAVIDON states that Barnett sells direct throttle cables to carb ?

Yup four cables but lower two dont usually go but they can or if you have a Frey .
Even 30 for upper two good price......

The stockers work fine and are definitely cheaper. With the aftermarket units you get upgraded materials, are nicer looking (IMO) and have some colors choices.
EDIT: I guess I should have hit send this morning when I typed the above response!

Barnett should have direct throttle to carb cables..(no junction box)
I ordered some Barnett last year but just the upper pair (not cheap!). I wish I would have known or thought to ask about full length cables since they had to make my cables anyways.

Thank you, Vmaxers.

The Ebay ones are OEM and are only the uppers. I´m going to buy the upper ones and hope the lowers are ok. Sean...thanks for the quote. I'll email a message.

Latest posts

Back