oil filter life?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
so i may pick up a 4 pack of K&N filters b/c they'd be like $14 a pop instead of $16 plus shipping or $20 locally.

whats the life on them? i'll probably only be using one this season and the rest next season.. I've read shelf life can be up to 10-20 yrs in good conditions, but i mean 12 months shouldn't take a toll on them at all? they'll be in my basement.

usually the K&N's are sealed with plastic so should be good for a long time on your shelf. just keep them in a dry cool place and should be ok. If your worried about them going bad i could take one or two off your hands to ease your mind from potentially finding corroded filters :biglaugh:

haha thanks rovic. i'll let ya konw, altho i suppose i owe u since i stole your frame braces.

Last edited:
hahaha ya but its all good, im glad they went to a good home. I'll find some more, one day hopefully....... hahahaha

Last edited:
i dunno what ur talking about. totally didn't go and edit my post. hahah

allright thanks guys. i only really have my basement its not too wet but they come sealed.

usually the K&N's are sealed with plastic so should be good for a long time on your shelf. just keep them in a dry cool place and should be ok. If your worried about them going bad i could take one or two off your hands to ease your mind from potentially finding corroded filters :biglaugh:

I suppose I could take the other 2 Garrett, just so you don't have to worry about them!! :whistlin:

keep them dry and they'll be fine. the garage i work at, we have some oil filters that we use on maybe one customers cars. they have literally been sitting for a few years and they're fine.

I suppose I could take the other 2 Garrett, just so you don't have to worry about them!! :whistlin:

:rofl_200::rofl_200:with all the interest in them you better sleep with them under your pillow

garrett what you mean edit :ummm: think this filter corrosion issue is rusting your brain a little man haha I kidd:eusa_dance:

i went back and edited my post so your name wasn't spelled wrong. thats all hah.

yea man didn't realize the K&Ns were that sought after! i'm gonna have to put 'em in my fireproof safe!

i guess so.
i didn't mention anything about wrong spelling, or did you not go back and see my chg :confused2:

haha now i'm all sorts of confused! haha anyways i'm gonna grab these filters and not invite ANY of u over. or hide them all over the house.

Haha!!! The sharp-eyed can spot the little "edit tracks" below the signature line.....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
EDIT: Now that I think about it, one of our Idaho brothers took a former forum member to school with this process...it was the funniest bit of edit'ry I've ever seen, and actually 'derailed' that former member!!! Believe he's back in his rubber room by now!!

BTW Auto Zone carries the K&N filters, or will if you call them. I use whatever, Fram, Napa, Wix.....it's only gonna be in for 1500 miles or so, I'm betting they'll work fine!

I'll be able to tell by the amout of ferrous metal shavings on the magnetic plug I s'pose.

Haha!!! The sharp-eyed can spot the little "edit tracks" below the signature line.....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
EDIT: Now that I think about it, one of our Idaho brothers took a former forum member to school with this process...it was the funniest bit of edit'ry I've ever seen, and actually 'derailed' that former member!!! Believe he's back in his rubber room by now!!

BTW Auto Zone carries the K&N filters, or will if you call them. I use whatever, Fram, Napa, Wix.....it's only gonna be in for 1500 miles or so, I'm betting they'll work fine!

I'll be able to tell by the amout of ferrous metal shavings on the magnetic plug I s'pose.

yea they wanted like $17 or something, and i have to go there first, pay for it, then go there again to pick it up since its special order.

oo i should have gotten one o fthose plugs, how much did gary charge u danny?

thanks garrett, anyone using the car filters, any harm in that for oil performance issues?

yea they wanted like $17 or something, and i have to go there first, pay for it, then go there again to pick it up since its special order.

oo i should have gotten one o fthose plugs, how much did gary charge u danny?

Think it was about $15 or so Garrett.

danny whats the wix and napa number for the bike?

Rovic...they are:
Fram---PH6017A
WIX----51358
Napa Gold--1358

read up on filters a bit last night. few people have said to stay away from fram, but no specific reasons. more rumor but who knows.

read up on filters a bit last night. few people have said to stay away from fram, but no specific reasons. more rumor but who knows.

yeah, heard the same thing, but that would have to include Castrol & Penske also as they are identical. never heard anything bad about them.....has anyone?

Back