oil leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumper

Reaction score
Trying to find where my oil leak is coming from, maybe somebody has had the same leak. I drips when it is parked, by the left front foot peg. Just like a dog marking its spot. I have had the clutch cover off and new gasket put on it twice. I took it off and put gasket goop on it. I had the stator cover off for some repair work and new gasket on it. Same little spots when parked. I put it up on the jack and wiped everything down and litte it run for 10 min in gear and out of gear. No leak or drip during and after shut down. Take it for a spin and a few minutes later there is the drip.

The shift shaft seal is not leaking, the oil pan is not leaking. The wires underneath by the foot rest and the shifter shaft shaft before it comes out the cover get oily and then drip. Cant for the life of me find where its coming from. :bang head: :bang head: :bang head: :confused2:

Spray the whole area with foot powder spray. It will dry white. Ride around. Stop. Look. Take pics. We'll help you.

Mine was the middle gear drain bolt that would barely weep when the revs went up due to oil pressure, but would take forever to show up idling in the garage. It deposits oil exactly as you are describing. Could also be a bad seal around the clutch slave. Try the foot spray first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

One of your friends screwing with you when you're not looking?

I've had it happen here at work a couple times now. Both with oil, and again with antifreeze.

nope, I think I have a warped cover, I need to pull it and check it. I had the square plug for the bleeder on the clutch open and its dry there, so not the stator plug. Hopefully I can look more at it this weekend.

Latest posts

Back