Oil pressure gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, I bought one of COO's oil pressure gauges and finally got around to mounting it this morning. When I got the old plug out and went to install the gauge's plug, I realized that I had not received the new crush washer with it.:confused2:

Thanks to the forum, though, I was able to find out that Subaru has one that will work, and there is a dealer about 5 minutes from my house. Disaster, or at least big inconvenience, averted. Thanks again to everybody here for all the info they have put up.:clapping:

I also got a oil gauge from Cycle One Off (COO ?) and it was missing the washer.

It appears he sent me one yesterday, I got a 'Package sent' email from him.

I got the VBS12 unit. Very nice construction. Has a little bigger bubble in the liquid than I would like though. Mounts on water pump.

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

Gary

Last edited:
That is the same one I have, if it's mounted on the water pump. Looks like I spoke too soon, I have a leak around the plug where it goes into the motor. The crush washer didn't seem like it fit too well on the plug. May take it out and try some thread tape.

That is the same one I have, if it's mounted on the water pump. Looks like I spoke too soon, I have a leak around the plug where it goes into the motor. The crush washer didn't seem like it fit too well on the plug. May take it out and try some thread tape.
i YOU HAVE TO HOLD THE WASHER CENTERED AS YOU START TO TIGHTEN IT , BECAUSE THE INSIDE DIAMETER IS TO BIG , BUT THAT SUBARU WASHER WORK GREAT !

I got a plastic washer with mine just a couple weeks ago. I have some Rector Seal, Crap that's used on gas pump handles. Wipe it on and it sets up for a semi-permanent seal, it will come off. Thread tape should do alright...

Yep, couple turns of the thread tape and good and really snug on the fittings, no leaks. Now I just have to change my valve cover gaskets, which just started seeping a lil. :bang head:

Yep, thread tape is the ticket there. I used a Subaru washer and regular white thread tape on the initial install and have absolutely zero leaks for a couple months now.

The search feature turns up all sorts of good info, right?

Back