Old Style Corbin Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIKDMAX

Reaction score
Just a quick question. What keeps the old style (Velcro flap) Corbin seat mounted besides gravity? I've had the newer style with a screw on each side but not the older style.

Where? I don't see holes on the sides like the newer style.

Well I found the holes but I guess they were never used. Well I can feel them on the inside and outside through the material but they are completely covered over. I guess to use them I'd have to cut holes through the fabric. So originally did they just stick them on unbolted? The seat doesn't look recovered, it has the scalloped stitching that used to be offered.
Thanks for sending me in search of. I probably would have just left it as not being there if you didn't seem sure. :)

Thanks Sean, I'll just leave it be. Probably be easier to fuel that way.

I just had a 20-year old Corbin recovered, and I told the guy who did the job NOT to make the holes for the bolts. As mentioned above, the seat ain't going anywhere. I also had him remove and close off the flap - so I remove the seat to fuel the bike...

I have 2 older style seats Corbin and Sergent, Same thing. I think you would have to flip the bike to get them to fall off...

Sounds like I have the old style corbin seat with the flap and two screws either side. Recently I had to replace the gas filler because it ripped. Seems previous owner bought the 1 1/2 to 2" reducer from home depot and the filler neck from a boat store, looked stock till I was having to fix it. Anyways this corbin seat is hell on trips as short as 160 miles, been wanting to get rid of it and go back stock maybe. Any ideas on a nice comfortable sporty looking seat?

Sounds like I have the old style corbin seat with the flap and two screws either side. Recently I had to replace the gas filler because it ripped. Seems previous owner bought the 1 1/2 to 2" reducer from home depot and the filler neck from a boat store, looked stock till I was having to fix it. Anyways this corbin seat is hell on trips as short as 160 miles, been wanting to get rid of it and go back stock maybe. Any ideas on a nice comfortable sporty looking seat?

Morley Muscle Seat
MaxGasser
SportMax
UFO Starfighter

Latest posts

Back