Ontario Insurance Rates

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bill

Reaction score
I have just received my new insurance bill and I keep thinking I am paying too much. I have had my Vmax for three years now. I have $1,000,000 liability and no collision, fire or theft. I am insured with Kingsway. I am 59 years of age, had my bike licence for 43 years and no tickets. My rate this year is $957.00.

Before the Vmax I was riding a Fazer and paying about $460.00 a year, the agent at the time told me the max would be about the same rate. He is not my agent now!

Wondering what kind of rate anyone else in Ontario might be paying. If we want to ride we will pay whatever they ask of us, I guess we have no choice!

It's a good thing I have that comfortable SportMax seat to cushion my ass. Every year at this time I feel like I am getting raped.

Bill,

please go and check out USAA.com

If anyone in your family has ever had anything to do with the army you can get a membership and pay WAY less in insurance with Progressive going thru USAA

I have just received my new insurance bill and I keep thinking I am paying too much. I have had my Vmax for three years now. I have $1,000,000 liability and no collision, fire or theft. I am insured with Kingsway. I am 59 years of age, had my bike licence for 43 years and no tickets. My rate this year is $957.00.

Before the Vmax I was riding a Fazer and paying about $460.00 a year, the agent at the time told me the max would be about the same rate. He is not my agent now!

Wondering what kind of rate anyone else in Ontario might be paying. If we want to ride we will pay whatever they ask of us, I guess we have no choice!

It's a good thing I have that comfortable SportMax seat to cushion my ass. Every year at this time I feel like I am getting raped.

Ahhh, the joys of insurance in Ontario! :bang head: I use Primmum and mine is about $540 a year, with Fire&Theft, no collision. I have 2 bikes and a car with them so that might help.

I've heard of alot worse but get a quote from Primuum...I pay around $800 for full coverage. You don't have much choice in Ontario. Yes it's all a rip off!!
(just don't get any tickets or you won't have any)

Dale #2592

I used to be with Kingsway, then switched to Primmum. Now paying $772.00 yr - full coverage. They also offer six month payment plan with no admin fees or interest... sweet.

Manitoba Public Insurance,(MPIC),.....:smileystooges:
registration,
1 Mil liability,
$250 deductible,
Fire and theft,(mandatory now).
Must register for full year ,..not for the season.
TOTAL..= $1,214.00.........It goes up 12 to 16% every year.:bang head:

The father in law bought a Yammy Vino scooter 3yrs ago,..cost $65 for the year,...NOW ,...$250. :ummm: :th_signs60:

Insured through Primmum, here in AB.

$500 yr, full coverage with no collision ,1 mill liability, no deductible. payments spread over the entire year with no fees or interest.

Why do you folks have a million dollar liability policy??:ummm:

Just curious...:confused2:

Compulsory Insurance Act dictates what coverage you have to have in Ontario.
You can't sue either....only in the most extreme circumstances. (and then there's a hefty provincial deductible from your award)
There is very little choice for motorcycles and thus you pay pay pay!!:bang head:

Dale #2592

Compulsory Insurance Act dictates what coverage you have to have in Ontario.
You can't sue either....only in the most extreme circumstances. (and then there's a hefty provincial deductible from your award)
There is very little choice for motorcycles and thus you pay pay pay!!:bang head:

Dale #2592

Yikes!!!!

Thanks for the reply....I certainly have no answers:confused2:

Sorry to intrude:worthy:

I have a 2006 VMax, no tickets/accidents. I just received a quote from Primmum for 565/yr: full coverage.

Blaine Williams

I just got my renewal....2002, 35 yrs no tickets, collisions = $780 full coverage
I swear they just pull numbers out of a hat!!:confused2:

Dale #2592

Was paying $1015/yr with Kingsway for the same coverage. Glad I shopped elsewhere. I also get a small insurance discount through my membership with the CMA.

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

Another thing to consider when moding out your bike is whether or not you want those costly mods covered under your insurance in the unfortunate event that your bike is stolen, seriously damaged or written off entirely.

The insurance companies will no doubt want an additional pound of flesh if you want to be covered for any extras.

B-dub-ya

or cancel your policy if they decide they're "race" mods!! Exhaust systems fall into this category.

Dale #2592

Looks like I win hands down!
As an M1 rider - my insurance would be 2500 w/ Primmum.
State Farm will do 1700.

That's only liability.

I 100% fully understand their reasoning. That's like insuring a G1 driver on a ferrari.
I am going to take all the drivers courses and such, and hopefully it will be a lot less when I am fully M licenced.
________
apple games

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back