Opinions on this 92

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K&N made some oblong-oval filters each of which fit a pair of KZ1000 intakes. Something like that would probably work, w/a bit of fabrication. I think the UFO scoops could be altered to contain some filter element more than the coarse foam in the pics.

I will get these carbs sorted out one way or another, I just started it a few minutes ago after sitting for about 8 hours and she fired right up. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll try the palm of my hand, it seems like the more I ride it, the easier it is to start. Only got 76 miles out of the first tank, but it also had Seafoam in it and was idling in the driveway alot, was not all "riding" miles. The fuel light works too! Put my new Yamaha tank cover on it today too, will protect that nice blue paint nicely!

So I went ahead and sprung for the velocity stack covers from UFO:

http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/carburetion/#!/~/product/category=3613427&id=15357913

I didn't see any mention of it on their site, but are these "functional", or for looks only? In other words, can I ride down the road with these on? The last few mornings I have started her up, I've only had to put my hand over one stack, it's getting easier the more I ride it, but I think the King is getting jealous! :biglaugh:

Personally I wouldn't ride it without the bonnets. Who knows what could end up in your engine otherwise. Before I got my ram air scoops finished I was running mine with stacks and the bonnets like yours with no issues.

Personally I wouldn't ride it without the bonnets. Who knows what could end up in your engine otherwise. Before I got my ram air scoops finished I was running mine with stacks and the bonnets like yours with no issues.

Great! That's what I was looking to hear, by the way, how long did yours last? Just seems to me that's alot of suction on those things, I wouldn't be surprised if they got torn easily. Thanks for the info! :punk:

OK, here's another weird one. I've fashioned a little piece of cardboard that slides right over two of the velocity stacks, helps it start in the morning. However, after it's running and idling, if I put it over the right hand 2 stacks, the idle jumps up. If I put it over the left 2 stacks, no effect? WTH? :ummm:

OK, well I've got the sync tool and I've sync'd stock VMAX carbs before, have no idea what the procedure would be on these? Any ideas where to start? :ummm:

Wish I could help you there.............Got the Morgan myself and have set other carbs, I hear these are difficult to do, not sure why?.....................Tom.

If you can't get it let me know I'm not too far away I could come down and help you.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk

I may have to take you up on this! I generally have a "wrench session" couple times a year, just had one about 6 weeks ago, guys game down from Ohio and Indiana, one from Pennsylvania. ZL forum guys, but we can work on the VMAX too! Next time I set one up, I'll send you an invite! Good time, food, beers, tall tales........and lots of nice bikes! :punk:

Back