Opinions on this 92

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Flat slide carbs are noisy as all Hell at low rpm's , most of them cannot be whacked open to wide throttle either but when rolled on they pull like a freight train from Hell . Great Deal also I am jealous . Congrats and Good Luck . Later Kurt

That sounds the way flat slides sound Healthy roar , you ever hear a Ducati Dry Clutch with an open cover ?? chatters like all the devil but music to the ears !

Listen to this bad boy! The carbs sound worse on this video than they do going down the road, it will take some getting used to though. I just rode it around for about 5 miles and it pulls HARD and sounds amazing, here's a little clip:

http://s121.photobucket.com/user/83GS1100E_Tornado/media/92 VMAX custom/92VMAX_Video.mp4.html

Stop just stop lol sounds awesome! I love the sound of the kirker. I have a comp baffle on my 4-1 also and it sounds BADASS

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just found out they actually make a functional conversion kit for swapping out the air scoops with a 2nd Gen VMAX, the kit is like $800 bucks! Check it out though, I've got to do something about those velocity stacks, either cover them with a screen or come up with something different. I think they actually sell covers for them too? Been spending alot of time on UFO Performance's website the past couple of days, they have some nice parts! It's great to have a "modified" bike so I don't need to worry about keeping it all original, I didn't even sweat the custom paint on this one, it really adds a nice touch too! Check it out:

50484983.jpg

144049327.jpg

Just found out they actually make a functional conversion kit for swapping out the air scoops with a 2nd Gen VMAX, the kit is like $800 bucks! Check it out though, I've got to do something about those velocity stacks, either cover them with a screen or come up with something different. I think they actually sell covers for them too? Been spending alot of time on UFO Performance's website the past couple of days, they have some nice parts! It's great to have a "modified" bike so I don't need to worry about keeping it all original, I didn't even sweat the custom paint on this one, it really adds a nice touch too! Check it out:

50484983.jpg

144049327.jpg

Yea they do but im pretty sure I read somewhere ots just to say they work because theres really no gain from it. Thats alot of money for no gain

Yea, but they do look cool, and I have to cover up those chrome stacks or replace them with something.........or just never ride it in the rain. I could probably source a set of 2nd generation covers on eBay and make them work myself. Shouldn't be that difficult, I bet if I searched long enough, I'd find somebody else that's done it.

or maybe I'll slap this on it! LOL!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Velocity-St...s=Model:Vmax+1200&hash=item1e818577bb&vxp=mtr

They do look cool, and even if you dont get a Ram air effect, at least then you could run a filtration system like in the 2nd pic.

Yea, but they do look cool, and I have to cover up those chrome stacks or replace them with something.........or just never ride it in the rain. I could probably source a set of 2nd generation covers on eBay and make them work myself. Shouldn't be that difficult, I bet if I searched long enough, I'd find somebody else that's done it.

or maybe I'll slap this on it! LOL!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Velocity-St...s=Model:Vmax+1200&hash=item1e818577bb&vxp=mtr

Please dont lol. Yea it does look cool i figured there would be some sort of foam filter in them with oil sort of like a 4wheeler. So how does it filter air??

Your scoops are chrome someone will buy those up your ahead of the game for functional ones!

:punk::punk:I was at UFO talking to Jon years ago and I ask him about my open stacks and he told me he was running them that way for over 10 years and never had issues. I have the same exact setup and I only had to blow out the carbs a couple times from debris but it took about 5 seconds to do it. UFO does sell Bonnets that keep rain out for like $9 each and I just keep them with me in case I would get caught in the rain. True I don't ride mine in the rain anyway but it sucks doing that anyway. Oh, and I've never had to roll into my carbs. I whack them open all the time quickly and they respond just fine. I do have a short set of stacks that Cornell said adds about 6 hp in the mid range but I like the longer stack look too much to put the shorter ones on. I've considered selling the short ones but just never tried. You STOLE That bike!! You were on the throttle too much on the vid to really hear what they sound like at idle and mine idle at 1.1 and that horse gallop As Bill K called mine is the baddest sound ever next to the Kerker 4-1 and together to me anyway sounds symphonic. I have Harley guys pull up beside me just to say how good mine sounds. So even though people say what they will about the Vgas carbs I'd never go back to stock carbs unless I had another completely stock bike. Good luck and holy shit NICE SCORE!!

:punk: ^ there you go! But if you have the extra money get them scoops because it is a pretty sweet set up! If I had the money I'd be all about these 39mm flat sides forsale locally. I think it would make the 1260 run pretty dam nice and im sure I could get a pritty penny to make up for some of it with my stock carbs and morley muscle kit in them. Kind of upsetting I dont lol.n

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mpo/4411221047.html

Wow I can not believe someone got rid of this bike so fricken cheap. So confused lol

+ 4

I cant belive you got that bargain..and also cant believe you told us..

I cld see if you paid 4 maybe 5..then tell us how awesome the deal was.. but you should be ashamed.
Maybe you'll feel better if you just sell it to me for what you paid..I'd hat for you to feel guilty every time you look at it.
;)

Congrats again..but..I hate this thread. ;)

Back