Overracing 4-1, what do you think ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need to replace my stock exhaust due to rust issue (even if the chrome is perfect) and I'm was searching for getting a pipe locally (philippines) since each time I check oversea, customs and shipping fees are killing me :(

Did someone tried overracing exhaust ?
I did not know about them before I found this pipe (attached pic)
Any comment or feedback about this pipe guys ?

Thanks

Michael

vmax.jpg

yamaha-v-max1200-stainless-carbon_big1834000-01_91c2.jpg

They make nice stuff and very pricey! I'm sure you would like it. I could always ship stuff to you but I have no control over the import fees (though we can help that by declaring a lower value).

Sean

is the rear tire almost flat in that second picture?

Exactly what I thought too. Maybe it was prepped for trials to go climb some trees :rofl_200:

like its a nice looking max. but honestly, my attention was drawn to the half inflated tire....

Over is a well known Japanese company that makes various high dollar items for motorcycles. They have a good reputation but mostly sold in Europe and Asia. Hard to find here but available.

thanks guys for the reply. As usual it's a precious information.
I guess I will give it a try. With a good polishing of the header this pipe will look like brand new.

By the way anybody knows, where I can find a front brake switch ?
After 20y on my max, it just died few weeks ago.
On bikebandit.com, it's over priced :(

Thanks

Michael

By the way anybody knows, where I can find a front brake switch ?
After 20y on my max, it just died few weeks ago.
On bikebandit.com, it's over priced :(

Thanks

Michael

I have one - it's listed with the whole front master cylinder and brake lever on fleabay. If you're desperate I can take it off and sell just the switch - item has no bids on it yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=280372816318

cheers

Gaetan

Ok looks good BUT.... That can has GOT to be cut down to a reasonable length...

Good luck

I have one - it's listed with the whole front master cylinder and brake lever on fleabay. If you're desperate I can take it off and sell just the switch - item has no bids on it yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=280372816318

cheers

Gaetan

Hi Gaetan,

I'm not desperate I just try not to forget to use the rear brake in traffic to avoid someone to bump my ass :rofl_200:

That's exactly the switch I'm looking for.
I saw your item but my front master cylinder are shinny so I found a waste than getting a full one just for replacing the switch.

But let me know if you can send it to me in with a good shipping price ;)

Thanks again

Michael

looks like it coulda gone either way?.. (like a bisexual)

Ok looks good BUT.... That can has GOT to be cut down to a reasonable length...

Good luck

Does it look so long ?
It's pretty similar to many 4-1 setup i have seen.
Any advice for the length ? Do you think there will be any effect beside the esthetic by reducing the size ?

I honestly didn't think about it since I'm not used to see other pipe model than supertrapp, kerker or stock.

Thanks

Michael

Ya, I noticed that the mount was facin opposite directions in those pics. I just assumed it could go either way:confused2:

I agree it would look a lot better if the can were cut down. Other than that I think they look pretty cool.

I know the shorter the can is, the louder it is. But as far as how much of a difference it makes, I have NO idea.

Seems pretty pricey as the 1 US dollar equals about 95 JAP Yen. The over racing site has some pretty different looking maxes on the home page. Pretty cool IMO. Some fancy swingarms. All kinds of wheels too. I guess they like their maxes over there.

Japan has pretty strict noise laws. They probably have to be large to keep the noise down and still get any power.

Either the rear tire/wheel or that tail section have to go!

My thoughts are that the closer the can strap is to the center of the can the less stress is on the can itself. Carbon get's pretty brittle with heat and time.

Chris

Back