PCW 1500 Tourmaster

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timscues

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got the results from john at PCW HP_163.2 Torque _105.9
Tourmaster 1500

Attachments

• 109.JPG
    109.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 173
Nice! Very Nice!

Do you know that full jetting and needle/clip setup?

Vboost still operational?

Got my 1540 running pretty well but still trying to sort some stuff on carbs. Similiar engine (sort of) but with higher compression and more stroke & less bore. Same heads cams as the Tourmaster.

hey rusty, yes on the vboost, I believe the pilot jets are #40 and not sure on the needle and clip, but he said brandon spent a couple of hours on them. tim

Nice #s is that motor in your bike frame and wheel setup or is that his frame and his wheel and megaphone system

Impessive numbers, if you ever take her to the track that should get some low ET numbers......

What exhaust are you runnning? I had to go with a marks 4 into 2 into 1 system to get the full performance out of my motor do yourself a favor a re dyno it after you get it all together i bet you find the #s a lil lower,but you can tune it to your setup.

What exhaust are you runnning? I had to go with a marks 4 into 2 into 1 system to get the full performance out of my motor do yourself a favor a re dyno it after you get it all together i bet you find the #s a lil lower,but you can tune it to your setup.

I went with the ufo quadzilla

Marks normaly make the pipes 1 1/2" but with the 1500 he made mine 1 5/8" i was running a hmf 4 into 2 and it was killing me on top end so thats why i went with the Marks . Also noticed that the megaphone system makes monster hp #s on the top that he dynos with thats why i said dyno it after you get it all together. I wish i would have went chain drive as well.

Would my 1540cc likely make more power with a 4-2-1 or 4-1?
How much more I wonder?

It's got the early UFO 4-2-2 on it now.

Does anyone still make a true 4-1?

Or is it just 4-2-1's now?

The 4-1's I've seen had ground clearance issues with the collector.

No Dyno numbers yet either, hoping for 170.....

Rusty talk to Mark( Marks Performance) or John at Pcw both can steer you in the right direction , The Marks was a lil cheaper and also Jet Hot coated I pulled a 167hp and 111 on torque no filters on the flatsides with the uni filters i lost about 10hp.

Would my 1540cc likely make more power with a 4-2-1 or 4-1?
How much more I wonder?

It's got the early UFO 4-2-2 on it now.

Does anyone still make a true 4-1?

Or is it just 4-2-1's now?

The 4-1's I've seen had ground clearance issues with the collector.

No Dyno numbers yet either, hoping for 170.....

Personally I like the "idea" of the 4-2-1 myself because I believe that it would maintain a flatter torque curve.. Let's face it these bikes don't make a bunch of hp anyway so why cut the strong part (the torque) to edge out maybe a couple more hp? I don't have dyno experience to back up this claim and I'm drawing mainly on my dealings with V8 engines and the way they seem to like stepped primary tubes and merge collectors to come at this conclusion. I asked Sean about this awhile ago and he told me he didn't think there was 5hp between any of the quality complete systems.. Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth..

Back